“OUR SUNDAY ROAST”
Review of White Hart Hotel

White Hart Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hayle
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We try to use a different place each Sunday for our dinner,this week we went to Hayle to pick up our grandaugther.We called into the White Hart and asked if they had room for us,it was quite in the dinning room but the waitress was very plesent and we saw a starter of cooker prawns which we had to have,and we were not disappionted.The main coarse was Duck, Pork,Beef and a nice selection of veg.If they keep this standard up I will be visting them when ever I'm down that way.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Dave H

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I came here when visiting a friend at the weekend, after meeting the chef, bean they called him - i tried his food and well, if its the fresh as it gets, it doesn't get better than the food here, i have booked in for next summer i hope they keep the karaoke too, good times.

Room Tip: meet the staff! ita an experience in it.s self!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LukeReviews
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We popped in here for lunch. There was a good choice of beers and wines and a reasonable selection on the lunch menu. We opted for a baguette each, they only had white bread, which wasn't a problem. My friend had the steak and onion and I had the prawns. They both came with some salad on the side and there was enough filling too, thought it slightly odd to have hot prawns, but they were very nice and plenty of them. The steak cooked well and again plenty of it. An enjoyable lunch

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed here back in June because we needed to get up and work very early the following day. The hotel was booked the day we arrived. We informed the staff on the phone that we wouldnt need breakfast because we had to leave at about 5 in the morning.The price of the room was changed to accommodate this. Arrived.Staff friendly .Room over looking a car park and a crane that was slowly rusting in the garden of the hotel. Tap in bathroom unusable because of really bad plumbing. Later karaoke started at 9 oclock. Couldnt believe it .The staff knew we had a very early start and the karaoke was going on bellow us. At 11.15 On my mobile I phoned the bar to find out when it would stop and was told 1 in the morning. My husband who had been asleep ,dressed , went to the bar and asked for a different room.We were given one but having to pack get dressed and changed to a different room at around midnight when you have a 5 oclock start and have paid for a room is not fun. This is written a while after staying because we wanted some compensation. We had been offered £20 .Not acceptable .The cost of our room was £79. We would have paid that not to have stayed here.Karaoke is every Friday and Saturday night. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank elvis11Saltash
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Fine old place with a great history.
Good staff,decent food at a fair price.
After lunch take a walk around the mill pond area {Turn left when leaving} amongst the old industrial you will find a pleasant and tranquil area.
This is an historic area that many have no idea of,for example,"Clifton terrace" where the Clifton suspension bridge was laid out after construction in Hayle!!!
Not a grand hotel but well worth a lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2013

The hotel is really some rooms above a pub. Incredibly noisy on the Friday night we stayed, karaoke was on until 12.30 / 1am and it was impossible to sleep as the whole room was shaking with noise and bad singing. It was SO loud. I would never have booked it if I had been warned of this. The couple we spoke to next morning at breakfast were not impressed either and couldn't get to sleep because of the karaoke, and said it had also been very noisy just with the pub noise the previous night.

The plumbing is also really noisy, any time someone in another room flushed the loo or turned on the tap in the middle of night it sounded like a bomb going off! I had the worst night sleep I have ever had in a hotel, not what I was expecting from quiet Hayle.

Plus points - The bed was very comfortable, central location in Hayle. The breakfast was OK although you don't get your own table, we had to share with another couple.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cat_Stals
Reviewed 12 August 2013

The hotel was in a lovely quiet location at the end of Hayle High Street but with easy access to the local facilities, there was plenty of parking. The staff were incredibly friendly and although I didn't check in until late in the evening there wasn't a problem. The room I stayed in formed part of a court yard at the back of the hotel which was lovely. The room was incredibly clean with tea and coffee facilities and a small fridge. The bathroom looked like it had been newly decorated and was very stylish. I can't comment on the restaurant as I had eaten before arriving and had to leave before breakfast. I would totally recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again. I also left a phone charger in my room but this was returned to me without me having to phone the hotel. Great place - Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ann D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayle
Premier Inn Hayle
#2 of 4 in Carbis Bay
Star Inn
Star Inn
#1 of 2 in St Erth Praze

Been to White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!