“Tasty!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Tasty!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I always come here when I visit Cornwall. It doesn't look much from the outside but defiantly worth a visit. It has a 3 star hygiene rating, don't let this put you off. I am very fussy about the cleanliness of places but seems good to me. Yummy curry and lovely service.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Miniplum90

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Great food, good service”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We have been here as a family (including small children) on 3 or 4 occasions whilst holidaying in Cornwall, we haven't had a bad curry yet. Each time we have been the service has been good and the food excellent. The food is reasonably priced and staff friendly and helpful. I echo another review about not understanding where the bad reviews come from. The interior appears fresh and clean to me, and despite visiting at least a year apart for us the food is the same good standard every time. Would highly recommend the chefs special tikka masala sagwala, a very creamy and sweet curry. I think I could eat one of those every day of the week (and be very fat!).
I would certainly recommend this restaurant to others. We haven't used the takeaway service so can't comment on that. We have visited another curry house in Hayle and we think this is the best so would always return here.

“Fantastic”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I only live up the road and did not know this place existed, after reading some of the reviews I was sceptical but thought I would try it and have my own opinion of this place.
On arriving I noticed how busy it was, good start... The waiters were friendly, the place looked lovely I do not inspect carpets etc when I go to a restaurant on the whole it was really nice, the service was brilliant and it was very busy, the food is absolutely delicious, we shared starters highly recommend the garlic mushrooms ( nothing like you would expect) and the sheek kebab was mouth watering, I do not understand the negative comments I would highly recommend this restaurant and I will be returning the best Indian food I've ever had, ignore the negative reviews and try this place I'm so glad I did.

Visited May 2014
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Too many staff... Dirty carpets...friends / staff wandering in and out of kitchen...”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Something just didn't quite smell right with food... Found a hair in my curry... Had to wait even though food pre ordered and only one couple eating ... Have had much better curries... Pretty tasteless

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank K2patz
cornwall
“Service needs attention”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We reserved a table as in the past it has been busy. Arrived and shown to table by waiter. Menus already on table and quick order of poppadoms arrived with bottle of wine. Food order taken and that's about it! No interest shown by waiters. Had to prompt for spoons to serve meal. No enquiry as to how meal was. Total lack of interest or motivation. Clearly non of the three young male waiters wanted to be there! No offer of dessert menu or further drink or coffee. Whilst sitting noticed empty tables being relaid but 'clean' table cloths were not clean. All in all food ok but restaurant and service tired and unloved. Shame because the food was good. Toilet facilities basic. Whole place and waiters could do with a face lift.