“I'll Eat My Previous Words and Defiantly Eat Here Again!!!”
Review of Trevaskis Farm

Trevaskis Farm
Ranked #10 of 63 Restaurants in Hayle
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Had a superb evening meal here just after New Year. A great steak for me and a shoal of Scampi for the wife, all cooked to perfection and a hugh serving.

Great service too, sir/madam, nothing could be too much trouble. Thank you Georgina, excellent front of house.

One tip about the desserts, if you're spoilt for choice ask them for a half of one and a half of another, great idea.

I still stand by my previous poor review, I think lunch times are hectic, producing plate after plate of bland roast dinners, not something that qualified chefs can get their teeth into. So evenings only for me from now on!

1  Thank bigwaverider9

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The food and service were fine but I am concerned that the vegetarian option was served with vegetables cooked in oyster sauce. No where does it tell you what vegetables accompany the main course and it was only because of a passing comment by my husband to the waitress that we discovered this. Is this also a concern for people with a sea food allergy? I am afraid I will not go back despite the portions being very generous.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The very first things that you see on entering this restaurant (daytime) are the enormous cakes and desserts, and then the healthier options ;-)
Strawberry shortbread, chocolate mousse, caramel slice, and apricot crumble were all excellent.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We have used the farm shop and cafe for the last 20-years. It is always a pleasant experience even if a little hot and stuffy when busy. I would prefer more space as adjoining tables are very close. However as a place to take people with big appetites and want old fashioned Cornish/English style food is always a regular event.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We didn't feel like we could say this at the time but we have been to Trevaskis many of times and have had no problems until the night of our staff doo.. So many things were wrong to the attitude from the waiting staff to the incompetence of the kitchen! There were 38 of us in for our staff meal and the majority of them agreed with this. Cutting a long story short we feel the restaurant has gone down hill over the past 6 months and if it Cary's on our custom will no longer be given. Very disappointed feels like you are loosing your touch.

1  Thank Toby L