“Excellence”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Trevaskis Farm is a great farm shop with a superb butchers section and lots of unusual goodies. We frequently travel the 30 miles to visit as it is not just a shopping experience, it is a day out.
The restaurant is absolutely perfect. The meals are great, the service is perfect and the prices are not excessive. Portion size will satisfy all but the most "demanding" and the desserts are an eye-watering experience, even before you order (see photos). I cannot recommend this place highly enough. You can see into the kitchen and the standard of cleanliness in both the kitchen and restaurant is second to none. Today the restaurant was full but the service was prompt and efficient with no detrimental effect on food quality. A1+.

1  Thank Perren4
Write a ReviewReviews (1,442)

Reviewed 18 March 2014

One year on from our last visit and we were not dissapointed, the restaurant was busier than ever full of local residents celebrating birthdays and other anniversaries. The menu is varied and full of local produce, food comes very quickly after ordering and arrives piping hot delivered by very friendly and experienced young waiters and waitresses. I must give another warning! please go with an empty stomach otherwise you will not stay the course to achieve the final gem of choosing your dessert from the magnificent chilled dessert counter. I can't wait until until we are in the area again to enjoy the feast of food on offer.

1  Thank Johng59
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I very much regret this review as for many years this was one of my favourite places to eat. My friend and I went for lunch a few days ago, the waitress came to take our order and I had to ask to have the table cleaned, I asked for a small roast the plate was piled high with vegetables but the potatoes tasted if they had been cooked the day before and reheated. They were anything but light and fluffy on the inside infact quite solid with a hard outer shell. They quite spoiled the dinner, the Yorkshire Pudding was over crisp and dry.
We also had to ask a waitress for a napkin each.
After we finished our meal our plates were taken away and although we sat chatting for some time no one came to ask if we wanted a desert or a cup of coffee. When tables were being dragged across the floor ready for the evening we felt it was time to leave.
We entered the restaurant at 1pm so we were not late to eat, I feel the kitchen is over stretch and unable to produce the finishing touches that make all the difference to a meal.

3  Thank mitzpa
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Dinner here was an experience, a very good one. Lovely atmosphere and clean and tidy. The staff were friendly, efficient and obliging. The food excellent and timely served. The dessert buffet fridge was one of the best selections of desserts we have seen anywhere. All portions were generous. Be warned, a starter, main and dessert may be a step too far for most people. Would recommend.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This restaurant is consistently great. Welcoming staff, good choice on the menu, lovely fresh delicious food and cakes and puddings to die for! Had a baguette with lovely fresh bread, beautifully presented and full of filling. Highly recommend this restaurant. Put it on your must visit list for coffee and cake, lunch and then tea and cakes too!