“Always excellent!!”

Johnny's Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

A couple of years ago my Mum, a very discerning food lover, recommended Johnny's. I admit to having been a little dubious as I'd not considered Hayle to be a culinary destination aside from the ubiquitous Philps pasties! How wrong I was!!
We are now regulars!! Johnny's has a lovely ambience, especially if you are lucky enough to snag the coveted window alcove! Although on a fine day sit outside in the sheltered garden terrace and enjoy the view!! From the Ecover hand soap to the vintage decor everything is in perfect harmony with attention to detail!!
We always receive a warm welcome and are never rushed or hurried, or bothered by disingenuous staff, which sadly is not the case everywhere!
Now for the food! I am a vegetarian and have been for most of my life, however my boyfriend is a die hard carnivore! We both agree that the food at Johnny's is tasty and wonderful! We always order something different and regularly swap half way through our meals as we have "food envy"....although no one can make me give up my pancakes! They are light and fluffy, with a beautiful fruit accompaniment; I have on more than one occasion had cravings for them!!
We have never had a bad meal at Johnny's, nor a bad experience!! I agree with another reviewer that some people clearly "don't get it!".....if you want good quality, tasty, wholesome food in a lovely quirky setting go to Johnny's, you really won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is the 3rd time we have been in the last few weeks as we live close by. The first 2 times the service from the lady (who we think was the owner,blond hair?) was brilliant, extremely helpful and friendly. On my third visit there was a different lady serving and she was very stern, no friendly welcome, no smile. When I asked what food they had on as it was before 12 she simply pointed to a piece of carrot cake! I ordered a hot drink and tea cakes and the tea cake came before my coffee as she was stood talking to someone instead of preparing my drink. The food here is amazing and normally the service is just as brilliant unfortunately this one member of staff lets it down for me.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was feeling very back-achy and tired and starving hungry. I was given a lovely meal in the sunshine and was told where to get a massage from! What more can you ask for?

Reviewed 18 November 2013

To find such wonderful vegan food in a pleasant cafe that was also happy to accept dogs is quite a rarity.

We very much appreciated the food, service and lovely atmosphere, as well as the interesting mix of items for sale from food to clothes!

We visited twice in the day, first for lunch a really interesting and delicous burger with an equally thoughtful and unsual salad, as well as very tasty potato wedges. This was followed by an even more pleasing ginger cake served warm with vegan ice cream.

Seeing the scones on the counter encouraged us to return later for a 'Cornish Cream Tea' and we weren't disappointed either with the texture and flavour of the scone or the really good vegan cream and jam served with it. The hot chocolate also desrves pretty high marks.

Highly recommended. If I lived anywhere close I would be a regular!

1  Thank Veganmoose
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Looking for somewhere for cream tea for a vegan that try here. Fresh scones good jam and great coffee. eclectic place that caters for veggies and vegans. Be warned though as they close at 4.30pm