“Idyllic Experience”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hayle B&B and Inns
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Idyllic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We stayed here for two nights and I must say it was the best experience of B & Bs you could get. The bed was extremely comfortable and a really good nights sleep was had. The room was perfect. Having a fridge was extremely useful and fresh milk each day was great as we love a cuppa in the evening and first thing in the morning. Breakfast was excellent, plenty and nothing was too much trouble. Boo was so informative about the area and what to do and it was a real pleasure to meet such a lovely and genuine couple who deserve great success. Thank you for making our experience such a relaxing and enjoyable one. Susie and Bruce

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susie O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

On our tour through Cornwall and Devon we experienced a horrible stay at Camelot Castle and our next station was Bostrase. So we were not sure what to expect. But arriving at this B&B was a relief and pleasure at the same time.

Boo warmly welcomed us and showed us the two very nice bedrooms. She recommended us a restaurant for dinner and asked what we would like to have for breakfast and when.

The dinner recommendation "salt" was ideal with nice food and good drinks and after returning to the B&B we had the chance to sit in the living room and enjoy the rest of the evening.

The breakfast was als nice as it was a different kind of a hotel or B&B breakfast as all guests were sitting at the same table. Boo and Matt joined the breakfast later on and we had a nice conversation as a good start into the day.

We highly recommend to book this B&B as it keeps its promises, offers lovely rooms in a calm surrouding, with good breakfast and all ammenities you can expect in a B&B like a range of books and DVD, TV and DVD in each room, good beds and very clean overall.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stayed at Bostrase last month when me and my wife went to a wedding near Hayle. From the moment we arrived Boo and Matthew made us feel so welcome - they really couldn't do enough to help us (and it was a genuine warmth, not a false one for show). We were greeted with a cup of tea and a friendly chat - when we asked if there was a restaurant they could recommend nearby, they not only recommended one - they gave us a lift there in the car ! The next day we were off to a wedding in a nearby village and again Boo gave us a lift there - they literally went the extra mile. (I also discovered that the arms on my suit were a bit long and Boo helped me shorten the length with the help of a safety pin). The breakfast was lovely and so we the guests we shared the table with - Boo and Matthew joined us all for a chat as well, which was a nice touch - there was an all round nice ambience and feel to the place (the breakfast room and conservatory were lovely and cosy). The house itself was stunning - set in a farm, it had a real, genuine oldy wordy feel to it - a stunning big garden with lovely bushes, flowers and even ducks running around. The room was one of the nicest we've stayed in anywhere - and at a very competitive price (70 quid if I remember rightly). Lovely view from it and the bed was unbelievably nice and comfortable. Loads of choices of tea, coffee and biscuits in the room - the small details were all well looked after. At the risk of superlative overload, this was the nicest B&B that I've ever stayed in and Boo and Matthew were so friendly - they deserve it to be a roary success. I cannot recommend Bostrase highly enough. 5 stars - cannot fault one thing. Adrian and Marion Williams, from Newport, South Wales

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

A friend and I stayed in this B&B for 1 night on a leisure trip. The room was lovely and well equipped with everything we could have wanted. When we arrived, we were made a cup of tea, which was very welcome, and an extremely nice touch. Boo was very friendly and stayed to chat with us, then her husband also came to talk.
During this chat, and to our surprise, we were asked to order our next day’s breakfast which would be served between 8.30 and 8.45. It was made clear that the demands of the cooking would allow no broader a window of opportunity for breakfast. We were encouraged to 'pamper ourselves' with a cooked breakfast - but clearly were not allowed a lie-in!
Breakfast was a bit awkward as it was served around one table with all the guests having to make polite conversation, which no-one really wanted to do. The hostess was very keen on this however, so we made what efforts we could. I had to send my breakfast back as the meat was cold, and this was not reacted to at all well, as though I was not to be believed. I was disappointed to find that the same sausages and bacon were simply re-fried, something I would not expect to happen from a food safety point of view, with the result that the meat was burnt on the outside. During this interlude all the groups of guests had managed to establish their own conversations again, at which point Boo returned, sat down amongst us to force us to ‘chat’.
In conclusion, the room was lovely, but this place is not to be recommended for romantic trips, or if you would like to be left alone with your own companions/conversations. The enforced 'bonhomie' is tedious. Boo is a kind hostess but should not force herself and her ethos onto her guests.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank tootsie81
Evesham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

I was pleasantly suprised at the kind welcome that I received after arriving early at the Bostrase and first met Boo and Matt - immediately I was allowed to take my case to my room which upon first impressions looked very comfortable.

I then explained that I was at a wedding but that I wasn't planning on arriving back late but I was told to arrive back at whatever time I liked and breakfast was arranged for the next day.

I arrived back around 7 in the evening and made myself comfortable in the immaculate and spacious room. The view from my room overlooked the nice and very well looked after garden which had a couple of white geese roaming around in adding to the view.

Everything I needed was in the room and the bathroom was one of the highlights with a huge shower, heated towel rail and all of the things that you need to get washed etc. Not to mention Marilyn Monroe on the walls!

An early night was on the cards as I had big plans for the following day and after watching a bit of tv I fell asleep on the bed and slept like a log all night long.

I woke up to rain and wind but the garden still looked great and after getting showered and dressed it was time for the breakfast that I had planned previously.

The dining room was very nice and they had a cat chasing its tail which brought a smile to my face. Boo bought me fresh coffee which was a welcome beverage for that time of the morning and I waited for my breakfast to arrive as the other guest got to their tables.

Breakfast was absolutely delicious, not too much and not too little and despite looking so good on the plate, it felt far better in my belly :)

After breakfast I packed up and left around 10am .

As a final summary I would say that this was by far the best B&B I have stayed in, in my whole life - the location was fantastic, the setting was nice, the prices offered fantastic value, the breakfast was 10/10 and the owners was genuinely very nice people, I would not hesitate staying again next time we visit the family without the little ones.

Thank you Boo and Matt !!

Room Tip: Go for the double with its own bathroom - worth it just to see the shower :)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I decided to find a B&B close to Hayle as my sister & brother-in-law were over from Australia & having a holiday with their son, daughter-in-law & two grand children.
What a lovely surprise I had on arrival at Bostrase, the initial view was of well kept lawns, beautiful flower beds, table & chairs dotted around the garden & two extremely friendly ducks! On entering Bostrase I was greeted by Boo, a very warm, friendly knowledgable lady. Boo showed me my room & the breakfast room before leaving me to relax.
When I went down for breakfast the following morning it was a relief to find that I wasn't sat at a table on my own but with two other couples on a table which can only be described as unique!! Matts scrambled eggs are lovely & creamy & the smoked salmon was delicious, the service could not be faulted. It was lovely in the fact that Boo & Matt came through to the breakfast room to join in the conversations after they had finished cooking.
All in all this is a quiet B&B with a lovely warm welcome and excellent hosts. I would recommend this B&B to friends without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

My wife and I chose to stay in a B&B for the first time, didn't know what to expect but was greeted by warm and friendly couple. If you want to stay where people are genuine about the guests then this is the place to stay.
Both Boo and Matt were excellent, the breakfast is amazing (try Matt's poached eggs) and the room was not bad either.
Its an ideal place for couples to stay, its quiet and seculded but easy to find, they also have some friendly animals which include some funny ducks.
Would definately come back

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayle
White Hart Hotel
#5 of 21 in St Ives
The Gannet Inn
The Gannet Inn
#2 of 4 in Carbis Bay

Been to Bostrase Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!