“A gem of a b&b”
Review of Sandbank House

Sandbank House
Ranked #2 of 15 Hayle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I received a warm welcome for my two-night stay at Sandbank House, Hayle. My room was beautifully presented, tastefully decorated with a pleasing mix of modern (flat screen tv, complimentary wifi) and traditional features. I loved the large shower in the bathroom & the inclusion of bath robes was a nice touch. Everything was spotless and the ample cupboard space in my room was great.

Breakfast was served in the conservatory overlooking the garden - a light, lovely & peaceful place. Breakfast included a choice of fruit, cereals, juice, tea, coffee and yoghurts as well as toast with preserves and cooked breakfast options. I particularly liked the emphasis on locally sourced produce.

The only very mild point to make was that I did hear traffic from the road at times. My room was on the front of the house, looking towards the road. This didn't bother me particularly but it may disturb others.

I hope to return to Sandbank - stylish, beautiful & very comfortable, run by a lovely & charming host.

• Stayed: May 2014
sandbankholidays, Owner at Sandbank House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Many thanks for your kind words about Sandbank. I'm glad you had a lovely time and enjoyed your stay here. We're sorry that the bank holiday traffic made our road a little busy in the Country Room, but good to hear it wasn't enough to spoil your stay. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again. Julie.

There are newer reviews for Sandbank House

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights and would definitely recommend. Lovely room, very comfortable bed. We were totally looked after. Breakfast was excellent and plenty of it!! Julie was so helpful and even lent me her brollie. Thank you for such a memorable stay

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Me and my uncles were staying here for 3 nights and it was a very nice place to stay! Very close to the beach which was good for us because we were kitesurfing. On the last day they also let us go kitesurfing all day and come back and get showered before we headed up the road. Very clean and tidy. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed two nights. Room and bed very comfortable. Excellent breakfast served in bright conservatory. Good hospitality. Very attractive garden. Residents' lounge with TV and interesting books (not shown on web site). Convenient location for visiting St Ives, Penzance and the Land's End peninsular. We would thoroughly recommend Sandbank House and would stay again.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms so you'll need to book quickly
Reviewed 19 September 2013

If anyone is looking for a quality B&B while visiting St Ives and West Cornwall I can only highly recommend this little Gem! The only downside is there are currently only two luxurious bedrooms available and already they are booking up fast with repeat and new customers. Highly recommended and the breakfast is locally sourced and delicious. Thank you to Julie for a great couple of days.

Room Tip: Both bedrooms are first class
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Dear Julie and Chris, we are back to Italy.
Everything at your house has been amazing!
The room was perfect and spotless, breakfast good.
But most of all, both Julie and Chris, thank you for your kindness.
We felt as if we were home.
Many Thanks.
Stefano & Marco

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stefano C
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed with Julie and Chris all week on business and was very happy with the quality of the room and en-suite facilities, which were both finished to a high standard.

Breakfast was good, Julie even sourced me some gluten free sausages, which was very kind of her and they tasted great. It's in a great location too, quite near the beach but also only a few minutes off the A30.

My only 2 little niggles were the noise from the fridge meant that I had to turn it off at night, so I couldn't store food in it, though they've said that they are looking at silent running fridges, so that hopefully won't be a problem soon. And secondly the windows are single glazed, and with the road being so close, you do hear the cars through the night, but that's not a big deal if you're used to it.

I can definitely recommend Sandbank House and would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayle
Travelodge Hayle
#3 of 3 in Hayle
Tregenna Castle Resort
Tregenna Castle Resort
#10 of 20 in St Ives

Been to Sandbank House? Share your experiences!