“Pasties from heaven”

Hampson Of Hayle
Ranked #12 of 72 Restaurants in Hayle
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 20 February 2015

This is the ONLY place to get your pasties in West Cornwall.

I work away from Cornwall, much of the time. But when I get home I relish getting a beautiful fat handful of deliciousness from Hampsons to remind me why I love Cornwall. They have a good range of pasties, both in size and content. A "medium steak" is my favourite.Short crust pastry, juicy veg and nicely chewy beef in a size that satisfies. Only a brave (and hungry) guy would take on a Large Pasty. It hangs off the edge off the plate, both ends. For a lighter choice, the 'cocktail' pasty is a lovely way to fill a little space!

But they also produce excellent pies. We have a family institution of Saturday night is Pie Night, Hampsons pies, with spring greens and a baked spud, awesome.

And then there's the butchery, traditional meats, with personal service. The staff are always happy to advise, and do special things on request. Brilliant!!!

Date of visit: February 2015

Reviewed 31 January 2015

We travel from E Cornwall to get our pasties from here. We get them raw frozen and they cook up lovely!

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank Glyn C
Reviewed 10 January 2015

This butchers is the friendliest I've been to they always have a smile on their face and are very welcoming, the meat they sell is fantasting and cornish pasties are the best I've tasted would definitely recommend a visit

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 1 January 2015

Probably the best Pasties, Pies in the world. This place uses only the best meat, some say the price is a bit steep, but the quality makes it well worth it.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed 15 December 2014

Seem's that on a cold wet and slightly miserable day the smell of a bakery becomes Irresistible ............................so when I pulled into the car park,opened the door,Pasties. The smell from Hampson's kissed good by to my pre holiday diet,go see this fine small family butcher/pasty emporium.

Date of visit: December 2014