“Pasties from heaven”

Hampsons Butchers
Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Hayle
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 20 February 2015

This is the ONLY place to get your pasties in West Cornwall.

I work away from Cornwall, much of the time. But when I get home I relish getting a beautiful fat handful of deliciousness from Hampsons to remind me why I love Cornwall. They have a good range of pasties, both in size and content. A "medium steak" is my favourite.Short crust pastry, juicy veg and nicely chewy beef in a size that satisfies. Only a brave (and hungry) guy would take on a Large Pasty. It hangs off the edge off the plate, both ends. For a lighter choice, the 'cocktail' pasty is a lovely way to fill a little space!

But they also produce excellent pies. We have a family institution of Saturday night is Pie Night, Hampsons pies, with spring greens and a baked spud, awesome.

And then there's the butchery, traditional meats, with personal service. The staff are always happy to advise, and do special things on request. Brilliant!!!

Reviewed 31 January 2015

We travel from E Cornwall to get our pasties from here. We get them raw frozen and they cook up lovely!

1  Thank Glyn C
Reviewed 10 January 2015

This butchers is the friendliest I've been to they always have a smile on their face and are very welcoming, the meat they sell is fantasting and cornish pasties are the best I've tasted would definitely recommend a visit

Reviewed 1 January 2015

Probably the best Pasties, Pies in the world. This place uses only the best meat, some say the price is a bit steep, but the quality makes it well worth it.

Reviewed 15 December 2014

Seem's that on a cold wet and slightly miserable day the smell of a bakery becomes Irresistible ............................so when I pulled into the car park,opened the door,Pasties. The smell from Hampson's kissed good by to my pre holiday diet,go see this fine small family butcher/pasty emporium.