“Change of ownership”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Ding Tay has changed hands and is now called the Harbour View.
In its Ding Tay incarnation it was truly awful, however the new owners have taken the place by the scruff of the neck and it has improved dramatically. The food was tasty and the portions were of a good size. One of the owners is a coeliac so they are well aware of wheat and gluten allergies and can adapt dishes accordingly. it is comforting to know one can eat there confidently knowing it is gluten free if desired. I have only rated the restaurant average which is perhaps a little unfair but we have only tried it once and I would like also to eat in as we currently just had a takeaway. I wish the new owners every success and if anyone from Trip Advisor is monitoring this a new entry for Harbout View should be made and this review moved accordingly.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Better hope u like garlic fried rice instead of egg fried rice.... Cremated crispy beef.... Tasted nothing like Chinese ... Wet sauce no taste ...

3  Thank K2patz
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Disgusted! The food we had was disgusting never in my life have i experienced anything like it. Curry sauce was horrible, my egg fried rice was all wet. Meant to be crispy beef was drowned in brown horrible water. Chips were minging also the chicken fried rice was hard rice grains like it hadn't been cooked. So very tasteless and was not worth any penny i spent there Lazy is what i call it. They call it a chinese? HA disgusting the food did not look edible at all therefore it did go in the bin and we ended up going to the fish and chip food which tasted gorgeous. Will not be going here again and will be telling people around not to go here before someone gets food poisoning there. Not worth it.

3  Thank CMick83
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Under new management for just a few weeks and it seems busier and the food is so much better than previous takeaways

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I ordered a Chinese on the phone, after being told the Chinese was going to be 30 minutes and the price of my Chinese for myself and my family. I walked down the collect it after the 30 minutes was up. I sat and waited a future 15 minutes. The atmosphere there was terrible. The "receptionist" didn't even speak at all, a male spoke.. But wasn't very professional at all, neither made any effort to speak and make it a comfortable surrounding.. But just stood there on there phones. Eventually my Chinese was handed over and I was told a different price than I had on the phone. I was disgusted
at how much it cost. I got home and unpacked it, and some of the sauce had fallen out into the bag making it very difficult to unload the things. As my family and I sat down to eat we where very disappointed to find that the sauces were very watered down and very tasteless, didn't enjoy it one bit and wasn't worth the money I had spent on it. Usually my family enjoy the food from Diing Tay, but this time we where so unhappy with it.

5  Thank Sallysain