Tolroy Manor Holiday Park
US$81
PremierInn.com
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
US$281
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
US$93
  • Breakfast included
US$394
Hotels.com
US$127
Tregenna Castle Resort(St Ives)(Great Value!)
US$147
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$246
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfoxy clubchefs cornerann marieswimming poolstrawberry hillbed housestripey teamjohn fowlerson sitecompact housecrazy golftudor courtst ivesentertainment stafftudor stylegold housesnooker table
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I feel really sad to say that after a few years of good holidays at tolroy, on this occasion we were really disappointed.
We have stayed in the same accommodation each time and as it was my parents 40th anniversary we requested the same one.
The property was clean and tidy and just as we expected,however after a couple of days we noticed a problem with the oven.
We reported the issue with reception and as we was out all day we told them to go in and help themselves.
When we returned late that evening it was clear the oven hadn't been fixed, and so the next morning I visited reception to find out why, I was told that the part was on order and would be fixed that day, I said that I should have been informed about this as we just assumed it hadn't been looked at.
Later that day on returning, the oven hadn't been fixed, so another trip to reception revealed that repairs needed to be approved by the owners of the accommodation and unfortunately they hadn't been able to be contacted as they were themselves away on holiday. I felt this was no fault of my own that they were on holiday and feel that in the circumstances the park should pay for the cost of the repairs and be reimbursed from the owners at a later date.
However, I was assured that the part had been ordered and it would be fitted the following morning.
I could not believe that after another full day the oven hadn't been repaired and I returned to reception to covey my disgust, I was offered an apology and an offer to be moved to alternative accommodation. As we was returning home in a little over 12 hours I couldn't really see the point!!!!
The entertainment staff were very annoying and loud and offered to share private jokes between themselves during bingo which put several people off, we visited the entertainment each night as my daughter enjoyed it but many fellow holiday makers did not.
We could see the looks on there faces when a simple game of bingo took over an hour and I have to say many people didn't return after they had experienced it.
I really feel sorry I have had to right this review as we have enjoyed many holidays there.
Unfortunately my parents anniversary was spoiled and we certainly won't be returning to the park.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cjohnfox
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Tolroy Manor Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our holiday park. We certainly do not ignore any constructive criticism and it sounds as if what happened was unfortunate and very difficult to deal with.

Your comments have been passed on to all departments and we really hope that you will change your mind and visit us again in the near future

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed at Tolroy Manor on 14th September for one week and we were staying in accommodation that was privately rented out. The chalet was very basic and not very child proof - we had to go to the local Argos to purchase a stair gate for our two year old, although this was a private let and the site rented properties may have stair gates available. The property smelt damp and it was very difficult to dry clothes inside.
The site itself was acceptable - the child's outdoor play area was particular good for our toddler. He really enjoyed the assault course. The manor needs to be renovated as there were weeds growing out of the chimney and the exterior of the manor could do with a new coating of paint. There is a small indoor child's soft play area which is for the under 5's and there are a few gaming machines. All the staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful. Compared to the other holiday parks that we have been too this didn't live up to my expectations - I was disappointed.
On the positive side it is in a very good location and we used the local branch railway to St Ives. It was £8 return per adult and this was an all day ticket you could get on and off as much as you liked. It was £2.50 to park the car all day. It was a great way to get to St Ives without the worry of the parking, it was a short walk to the main street where all the cafes and restaurants were. It was a beautiful 15 mins journey where you got to see a lovely part of the coast and we got to see some seals.
Another place that I would recommend, if you have children, is One to Eleven, indoor playcenter - it was a great place to let our toddler loose for two hours, especially if the weather is bad!

All in all the site was ok as a base but we would not be returning again soon!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank muppet21
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Tolroy Manor Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

When I first read this very poor review, I immediately tried to contact the writer through the Tripadvisor Messaging service to investigate the issues and to check its validity. Sadly, with all Tripadvisor reviews being anonymous, it is impossible to make direct contact.

To date I have not received a reply to two such messages and I am disappointed that I have not been given the opportunity to put things right.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

On arrival staff on reception very helpful.went into accommodation and it was smelly and damp.This was gold accommodation.very unsatisfactory.
Went back to reception and asked if we could change and we could.
This one wasn't much better and the furniture leaves a lot to be desired.poor quality furniture with rips in and very old.not clean at all.entertainment is below average.food leaves a lot to be desired VERY POOR QUALITY.WE will not be returning to any John Fowler resorts EVER.

Room Tip: Take your own furniture.mop,bucket e.t.c.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Leslie M

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Have been here twice now and must say have not been disappointed either time. i have been to most of john fowlers holiday parks in cornwall, most of which need a really good updating deco wise. But the accommodation here is really good. You get the impression that it is not that big but if you take the time to walk around the whole site you will see just how big it is. The evening entertainment staff - steph, jess and mark - are really good so bubbly and bouncy and make it all the more fun. It is a cheap uk holiday but 1 of the best for the company and to most have been to jn cornwall (and been to many different companies). All of the staff though are very friendly and welcoming. The main down side for me was the mattress this time with a dodgy back i struggled most nights but that not some thing i would hold against tolroy .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Tolroy Manor Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how helpful and friendly the staff were.

Once again our entertainments team have been singled out for extra praise and there is no doubt that they deserve it. They are all doing a brilliant job this year and work extremely hard to ensure everyone has a great holiday.

Our returning customers are so important to us and regularly make up 50% of our visitors.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We too booked this through a deal and stayed for three nights. On arrival, the lady at reception was very helpful, she asked us where we had parked and got the map out of the site and showed us where we needed to go, She told us lots of info about the buses, the general area, local shops, she couldn't have been more helpful. On arrival at our three bedroom house,no 43. we were pleasantly surprised. It was clean and tidy and very spacious, We had no damp at all, the bathroom, lovely and clean, was a little bit difficult to get out of the bath, after showering as it was quite a high step, but you can get that at big hotels too. One tip, make sure you put the immersion switch on, as you will have no hot water, it does take awhile say, three minutes for hot water to come through, but it is very hot when it does. We had a double bed, two single beds and bunk beds, as there were only two of us we had the double and single, only negative the rooms did smell slightly of smoke, probably from the previous occupants. The kitchen area basic but lovely clean fridge, microwave, kettle. plenty of knives and forks, corkscrew, tin opener. Plenty of crockery. We didn't use the pool, but we did have a drink one evening, we didnt think the drinks too expensive. Although a short stay, we would definitely come back

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Tolroy Manor Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

We pride ourselves on our family feel at John Fowler Holidays, and are delighted to have such loyal customers as yourselves.

With regard to the immersion heater, you are quite right. All our cleaners are requested to switch them off for obvious reasons.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.