“Excellent short stay”

Strathallan Guest House
Ranked #4 of 39 Helston B&B and Inns
“Excellent short stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Have just stopped a couple of nights at the Strathallan whilst visiting Helston on business. Really friendly greeting on arrival from David. I was shown up to a lovely room, it was spacious very comfortable with a bath and shower. The room was spotlessly clean with plenty of tea and coffee and nice biscuits. The soft drinks mini bar fridge was a very good idea in the room. Breakfast was excellent with a good range on offer. If I was in Helston again this would be my first call. Really convenient and only 5 minutes walk in the town centre. Thank you David & Val.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
David and Val J, Owner at Strathallan Guest House, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi Scott,
Thank you for your lovely review. It was our pleasure to have you staying with us, and if your ever on business in town in the future, we would love to welcome you back to Strathallan. Keep enjoying Cyprus.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Walsall, UK
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This is ideally located as a base to see southern cornwall and the lizard peninsular.
We stayed at this b&b for 2 nights. It is situated within a few minutes walk to Helston town centre where there are plenty of pubs and restaurants.
Parking at the b&b is limited but there is a large car park just around the corner which charges £2 between the hours of 9am-4pm (free over night). Our room was ideal, it was very clean and comfortable and breakfast was good too with plenty of choice. Would certainly recommend.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your lovely review. It is nice to know that we are getting it right for you and that you enjoyed your stay at the Strathallan
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've stayed at Strathallan GH a couple of times now and have really enjoyed our stay each time. David and Val really care about their guests. As an example, one morning I asked if there was any tabasco sauce, which there wasn't. The next morning, a bottle appeared on our table as soon as we sat down for breakfast. So thoughtful!

The rooms are simple and clean and the location is excellent, just off the high street so quiet but very convenient. We visit the area regularly as family is near by, and Strathallan is the first place we check for availability.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Maeve,
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. We are glad you and John chose to stay with us again and we look forward to your next visit.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My sister and I have just spent a most enjoyable 3 night stay with David and Val at this most charming of guest houses. Our rooms were top draw and the food is just superb. We even decided to have an evening meal in the guest house and boy we were not disappointed, had the most enjoyable Lamb shank with all the trimmings followed by the most delish apple pie. Both David and Val could not have made you more welcome and I look forward to coming back later in the year.

Eddie Freemantle, Worcester.UK

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks very much Eddie for taking the trouble to review Strathallan. It was lovely to welcome you back, this time with Ann as well. Looking forward to seeing you next time. Thanks again!!
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I thought places like this that offered genuine home-from-home hospitality were long gone. Thank you to David & Val (& Charlie!) for putting me right!
The Strathallan was recommended to me by a work colleague and the minute I was greeted at the door by David, I knew I was going to enjoy my stay. The lovely spacious room, the wonderful breakfasts and the 'nothing is too much trouble for my guests' attitude of the owners all went to make my stay a special one. I loved the note in the minibar in my room asking that I just leave the pennies out on the desk if I took a drink from the fridge! An excellent guest house run by lovely people.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve554
Thank you very much for your positive review Steve. It was our pleasure to have you stay here.
We hope to see you in the future. P.S Hope your eye is better?
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here this week and after being weary and hesitant about which accommodation to select, I am so delighted that I chose Strathallan Guest House!

David, who I dealt with for most of my stay, was nothing short of a pleasure to be greeted by and ensured that my requests were dealt with in a professional and friendly manner. He and his wife truly are an asset to this guest house and I very much extend a very glowing reference and positive feedback about this accommodation for anybody considering staying in Helston! It truly should be you first point of contact when arranging accommodation in Helston!

I am so impressed with the experience and facilities of the accommodation that I have decided to stay at Strathallan for the next 6 weeks during my stay here.

Looking forward to seeing you again next week!

Room Tip: I accidentally selected fitness centre and it does not have one. That was my mistake. Apologies.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Amit V
Thank you very much for your wonderful review Amit. It was nice meeting you and we hope your next placement was as enjoyable as Helston.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

From the moment we booked over the phone to the moment we left Strathallan, David and Val made us feel that we really mattered, and nothing was too much trouble. The room was very comfy and clean, and the fact that there was fridge with various cold drink choices in the room, was an unexpected bonus! We were there for 4 nights and so luckily were able to try, between us, all the fabulous breakfast choices, which were truly scrumptious- we didn't need to have lunch! Unfortunately we were not able to take advantage of David's wonderful cooking for the evening, but the menu looked extremely tempting!
We will definitely be going back and would highly recommend Strathallan to any visitor, visiting that part of Cornwall, it is ideally placed for all the local attractions and beaches, and really did feel like home from home, we are missing the breakfasts already!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Penny M
David and Val J, Owner at Strathallan Guest House, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Hello Penny,

Many thanks for your kind review. We're extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future!

Take care,

David and Val
Also consider these accommodations in or near Helston
Polurrian Bay Hotel
#1 of 2 in Breage
Gallen-Treath Guest House
Gallen-Treath Guest House
#2 of 7 in St Keverne

Been to Strathallan Guest House? Share your experiences!