“Perfect Sunday roast”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We often have Sunday roast at wheal dream and it has always been perfect. They are always welcoming and child friendly.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

I very much enjoyed a recent meal here. The food was well cooked and presented and the service was excellent. I had the carvery and the meat was delicious. There was a good variety of vegetables which were not overcooked as is often the case. I have eaten here once before and that meal was also good, so I would definitely recommend Wheel Dream for quality and value.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We visited this evening as a group of six, including three children. We ate early, and were made to feel very welcome. The children enjoyed their basket meals of sausage and chips, and a lemonade, for a fiver each. The adults enjoyed their meals, which included duck legs, catch of the day and baked brie. The food was well cooked, but nothing outstanding. The menu also wasn't that exciting, possibly because we're now 'out of season'? Other than a table of two, we were the only other table in the restaurant. We left at 7.30 and there was very little atmosphere due to the lack of eaters.

1  Thank sammipee
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Generous helpings and really tasty! Friendly and welcoming staff....definitely our new favourite local carvery!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Went for a Sunday lunch. Whilst my daughter was choosing her meal when she went to ladle her gravy onto her meal I stopped her, thinking I saw something. That something happened to be what must have been a twelve inch hair. I passed it to the young man that was carving the meat. On returning to our table I mentioned this to the waitress. Neither member of staff apologised. When paying for our meal I then mentioned this again and asked her whether she was going to discount the meal with the long hair. Her reply was no, because she couldn't get members of the public to wear hairnets. Whilst driving away I phoned and asked to speak to the manager. He wasn't there, but assured me he would phone back. I'm still waiting for the return call seven days on. Sadly I won't be eating there again.

2  Thank Annie E