“Real Italian!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Post code TR13 8pS
Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a sumptuous meal I had here Monday night & again tonight (Wednesday)! Just as well I go home tomorrow as my waistline is already suffering!! The Bruscetta starter had slices of Italian sausage on it - master stroke! I had to text my Italian sister-in-law in Toronto!! This is Italian food cooked by an Italian who loves & knows food. Thank you, Giuseppe. And thank you to the delightful young lady who does everything apart from the cooking. You made my stay in Helston extra special.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Small informal restaurant in old Helston with friendly good service. Needs Italian posters and pictures to give it a better atmosphere. Lovely toasted goat's cheese starter, good mains but the pasta needed a spicier sauce. No view.

1  Thank DolphinDorset
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We can't rate this restaurant enough. We only found this place as we walked past, it is off the main street so may get missed which is such a shame as this is one of the best meals we have ever had. We ate here twice during our stay and will definitely be back next year. The food is amazing and authentic and very reasonably priced. Daniella the waitress is really friendly and was attentive all night. Don't miss this restaurant you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank SouthAfrican2
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My girlfriends and I visited on a late Sat evening. Everyone in the party agreed that the food was delicious and the host excellent. Lovely ambience and service. Can't rate it highly enough!
It seemed quiet but we did eat late, about 8pm, so that may explain it.I live in Helston and don't feel this restaurant markets itself very well. I have never seen an advert for it in the local paper/leaflets through door, etc. Because it is tucked away a little it can be overlooked. This is a shame because it is one of the best restaurants I have eaten in. Visit and you wont be disappointed and will be telling everyone how delicious it was. A**********

1  Thank Tivazab
daniela m, Manager at Giuseppes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Awww thank you for the positive review :) and I am really pleased to read you all enjoyed your first meal with us and hope to have the opportunity to do so again soon.

Best wishes, Daniela

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We visited in early November when on our first house-hunting trip in the area. Both the town and the restaurant were very quiet - not surprising perhaps for out-of-season - but as a result we got undivided attentive service and the food (one spigola and one fetucino con pollo) was authentic and far tastier than we could ever make at home. With several extras and a good bottle of red the whole bill was only £47 - we thought that was good value. We will definitely visit again with eager anticipation on our next foray in March, and try some different dishes.

daniela m, Manager at Giuseppes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our restaurant. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your visit and the lack of other diners did not lessen your experience with us.

Take care and I hope you manage to find the perfect house :)

Best wishes, Daniela