“June holiday 2014”

Ranked #2 of 39 Helston B&B and Inns
dionharris
“June holiday 2014”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have to say forget about the amazing bed and breakfast for now but the actual a owner Jackie is a wonderful lady in her own right she will do everything and anything for you and she even dropped me off and picked me up from places and that's the best service I've had from any hotel in the world I've stayed in to be honest and even all the ladies, Melissa to start with as she is a brilliant cook herself and she provided me with the best afternoon tea I've had in my life honestly and really friendly too. Secondly sue and Sherly are really nice and friendly as well. Also the actual hotel is more than 5 star as Jackie's gives you amazing evening meals and even my famous hunters chicken dish she done especially for me as well as the ice cream and tomato and basil soup. The bedroom was large and spacious and bright and airy with modern bathroom and nice toiletries and big tea and coffee tray and real good breakfasts as well. All I can say is I shall return for my holiday next year in June 2015. Many thanks Jackie from jordan see you soon

Room Tip: Any are 7 star standard
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank dionharris
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thanks you for the booking made today for a return visit in a few months time. The Hunters chicken was a challenge as I know that you are a connoisseur of this dish. I have now added this to our selection of evening meals as it was a hit with many guests visiting, my family also loved it. Melissa is also an incredible cook, her afternoon Cream teas are superb; you were very lucky to catch her opening day. Sue and Shirley were chosen carefully, both honest and friendly. Myself and my guests are very lucky to have found such great staff, I am sure that they will all be delighted that you mentioned them. ( Often they are overlooked ) Good Luck with the promotion, we all wish you well and wait for the update when you return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

booked one nights stay just for a nights break from home. had such a lovely warm welcome and much more. one of the most cleanest places i have stayed. and the room i stayed in was so spacious and the bathroom was lovely even topped off with beautiful origami toilet rolls. jackie was so helpful and nothing seemed to be any trouble for her. so many choices for breakfast which was a delight to see as not many places have so much of a choice. i will be booking again when i need a nights break from home again very soon. and also a very big thank you for making my stay special jackie a very lovely and caring host. will recommend you to everyone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I enjoyed your company very much and look forward to you having another stay with us. I am so pleased that you mentioned the Origami toilet rolls, our guests often rush to see what design will be awaiting them on their return from a day out. My efforts obviously have not been wasted. I know that you are returning soon and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The breakfast was fab - really well cooked and generous, with lots of choice. Nothing was too much trouble for Jackie who made us feel really 'at home' and relaxed. This was a very spacious home and well located to see St Michaels Mount, the Lizard Peninsula, etc. We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loz g
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I really enjoy greeting my guests and getting to know people who visit. I am delighted that you really enjoyed your stay here with us and hope to see you again in the future.
Butleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

stayed 3 nights and what a lovely place it was .we were made most welcome and so was our dog .The rooms were lovely and clean with everything you could need .There was a good choice for breakfast and it really set you up for the day .We hope to go back for another visit later in the year ,Thankyou jackie you we a lovely host .Keith&sue (somerset)

Room Tip: If you have a dog ask for the room by the back door, it takes you straight out to the lovely grounds
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
It was a pleasure having you all stay including your lovely dog! Thank you for introducing me to your lovely family, I look forward to meeting up again in the future.
Launceston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked a one night stay last minute. The atmosphere was bright, clean and airy. The decor of the property complemented the seaside location and added to the atmosphere. The owner and staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, giving a caring touch to your stay.
The room was clean, well equipped and beautifully decorated.
The breakfast provided a feast of many choices! The quality of the food demonstrated that it was locally sourced.
I would thoroughly recommend this Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: All rooms have their own qualities.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shez2812
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
It was indeed a pleasure having you both stay. I am delighted that you could tell the meat is of quality and sourced locally. We do our best to support local trade wherever possible.
banbury
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We called on the off chance and were very lucky to get a cancelled booking. This is a first class family run hotel. The owner (Jackie) was more than helpful. The rooms are spotlessly clean and breakfast excellent. I wish we could have stayed longer as it's a real gem of a place. Thank you very much for making our stay one to remember. Highly recommended A++++++

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cheneyblue
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for the kind review, I am really pleased that we managed to find a room for you both. I am sure that we will see you again in the near future.
Delabole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We only stayed one night and wish we could have stayed longer. Even our five year old wanted to stay another night. Nothing was any trouble to Jackie and she is such a lovely lady.
Everything is so clean and fresh looking. Breakfast was yummy with lots to choose from, we recommend the full english, cooked just how we like it. Will be returning in the future. My husband is keen on trying the cream tea!
Thank you for our lovely stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Melanie P
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. On your next visit I will make sure that you have a Cornish cream tea. I must say that you have a lovely family, and it was a pleasure having you stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Helston
Premier Inn Helston Hotel
#1 of 2 in Mawnan Smith
Harbour Inn
Harbour Inn
#1 of 8 in Porthleven

Been to Elysian Fields? Share your experiences!