“This is the best, forget the rest”
Review of Elysian Fields

Elysian Fields
Ranked #2 of 39 Helston B&B and Inns
Epsom, United Kingdom
“This is the best, forget the rest”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed for two nights in June and wish we were able to stay longer. Everything was perfect from the initial warm welcome to the room, breakfast and staff. Nothing was too much trouble.

Jackie, the owner, has given so much thought to the little details including fresh milk in the room for your tea, fresh fruit and biscuits. Slippers and bathrobes were also in the room. We also loved the little bags with sweets including a bag for our 9 year old.

The room was spotless and beautifully decorated, the beds were incredibly comfy and the location quiet.

Breakfast was also outstanding, good selection of cereals and the cooked breakfast, including the hogs pudding, was fantastic with locally sourced produce. It kept us going all morning.

We will be back and in fact my husband has already managed a quick return visit (the lucky boy)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
What a lovely family you are, I am so very pleased that you all enjoyed your stay with us. I have just taken confirmation that you will be staying again next week. Can you bring the sunshine again please ? I really enjoyed all your company, you have been great guests, and I so look forward to seeing you all again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

this is without any doubt the best B & B we have ever stayed in. excellent location, superb accommodation and wonderful breakfasts. the welcome is genuine and friendly. it is the little things that raise the very good to excellent and the little embroidered bags containing toffees, the bathrobes and slippers. the plentiful supply of coffee etc. and milk in a jug within a refrigerator nothing is wanting.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
I can honestly say this is the first lovely review written while you both were still staying here. Thank you very much so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves. I apologize for not having the time to say goodbye properly when you left. Thanks you very much for taking the time to write this review.
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Very friendly staff. Room was very clean with continental bathroom. Excellent breakfast - all options including proper coffee and fresh fruits. Not to far to main attractions in Cornwall. Free parking, wifi. Very quiet no noisy guests. Strongly recommend. We will come back there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for your lovely review; I pride myself on offering a locally sourced, fresh Cornish breakfast, fresh fruit salad, and many menu choices. We cater for everyone's needs including Vegetarian, and gluten free. The location is ideal for touring around Cornwall and very close to St Michael s Mount and many other bays and beaches. Looking forward to meeting you again.
dionharris
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have to say forget about the amazing bed and breakfast for now but the actual a owner Jackie is a wonderful lady in her own right she will do everything and anything for you and she even dropped me off and picked me up from places and that's the best service I've had from any hotel in the world I've stayed in to be honest and even all the ladies, Melissa to start with as she is a brilliant cook herself and she provided me with the best afternoon tea I've had in my life honestly and really friendly too. Secondly sue and Sherly are really nice and friendly as well. Also the actual hotel is more than 5 star as Jackie's gives you amazing evening meals and even my famous hunters chicken dish she done especially for me as well as the ice cream and tomato and basil soup. The bedroom was large and spacious and bright and airy with modern bathroom and nice toiletries and big tea and coffee tray and real good breakfasts as well. All I can say is I shall return for my holiday next year in June 2015. Many thanks Jackie from jordan see you soon

Room Tip: Any are 7 star standard
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thanks you for the booking made today for a return visit in a few months time. The Hunters chicken was a challenge as I know that you are a connoisseur of this dish. I have now added this to our selection of evening meals as it was a hit with many guests visiting, my family also loved it. Melissa is also an incredible cook, her afternoon Cream teas are superb; you were very lucky to catch her opening day. Sue and Shirley were chosen carefully, both honest and friendly. Myself and my guests are very lucky to have found such great staff, I am sure that they will all be delighted that you mentioned them. ( Often they are overlooked ) Good Luck with the promotion, we all wish you well and wait for the update when you return.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

booked one nights stay just for a nights break from home. had such a lovely warm welcome and much more. one of the most cleanest places i have stayed. and the room i stayed in was so spacious and the bathroom was lovely even topped off with beautiful origami toilet rolls. jackie was so helpful and nothing seemed to be any trouble for her. so many choices for breakfast which was a delight to see as not many places have so much of a choice. i will be booking again when i need a nights break from home again very soon. and also a very big thank you for making my stay special jackie a very lovely and caring host. will recommend you to everyone.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I enjoyed your company very much and look forward to you having another stay with us. I am so pleased that you mentioned the Origami toilet rolls, our guests often rush to see what design will be awaiting them on their return from a day out. My efforts obviously have not been wasted. I know that you are returning soon and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The breakfast was fab - really well cooked and generous, with lots of choice. Nothing was too much trouble for Jackie who made us feel really 'at home' and relaxed. This was a very spacious home and well located to see St Michaels Mount, the Lizard Peninsula, etc. We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
I really enjoy greeting my guests and getting to know people who visit. I am delighted that you really enjoyed your stay here with us and hope to see you again in the future.
Butleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

stayed 3 nights and what a lovely place it was .we were made most welcome and so was our dog .The rooms were lovely and clean with everything you could need .There was a good choice for breakfast and it really set you up for the day .We hope to go back for another visit later in the year ,Thankyou jackie you we a lovely host .Keith&sue (somerset)

Room Tip: If you have a dog ask for the room by the back door, it takes you straight out to the lovely grounds
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacksie1809, Owner at Elysian Fields, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
It was a pleasure having you all stay including your lovely dog! Thank you for introducing me to your lovely family, I look forward to meeting up again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Helston
Mullion Cove Hotel