“Greasy poor quality Chinese”
Review of Beijing Cuisine

Beijing Cuisine
Ranked #87 of 112 Restaurants in Helston
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Greasy poor quality Chinese”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I should say now that having lived in China for two years that my standards are high for Chinese, so this may be OK for many but for me it was poor Chinese. It was what you would expect from a dirty Chinese takeaway and nothing more. The food is greasy and the wine is horrid. Would not go back for sure!

Visited July 2014

Walsall, UK
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic meal here on the first night of our holiday. The portions were big and the food tasted excellent. The prawn toast is superb!
Service was also good

Visited July 2014
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
“Great food, VERY slow service”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We often holiday in a cottage near Helston with family and normally have a Chinese meal on our last night. The restaurant we normally use was not open so we tried this one. We booked easily over the phone and parked outside, which was as long as you want and free after 6pm. We were greeted and taken upstairs to a table for the 7 of us. We could have done without the trip upstairs as my mum is disabled but that was my fault for not mentioning it when I booked as I didn't consider they had an upstairs, so we managed.

The table was fine and there were 3 other tables in use when we sat down. Orders were taken promptly and the food arrived fairly quickly too. I have to say that everything we ordered was very nice and we all thoroughly enjoyed everything we ordered and ate. The problems came as others left their tables and it was only us and another couple upstairs. We had hotplates for the starters but not for the main courses, and we had plenty. They were very nice but would have benefitted from hotplates as the second servings were a bit on the tepid side. The young staff were always polite but once we had our food they appeared to completely forget about us and we waited what seemed an eternity for anybody to appear so we could order more drinks, or so they could clear our table and we could ask for the bill. We were sat waiting after having eaten everything for about 20 - 30 minutes at least with no sign of any staff. I know it wasn't just us because the couple sat next to us had the same problem and actually had their drinks order forgotten.

It made for a long night, although a bit of time between courses is nice and allows time to chat, but it was just too long and we felt completely forgotten. I can't speak highly enough of the food but for the service alone I have to mark it down and I've scored 3 stars overall, although for food it was more like 4.5.

• Visited May 2014
York, United Kingdom
“Excellent every time”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Had a few takeaways and they've always been superb. Fresh food that is well prepared - excellent value for money with no compromises.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Roo703
“Avoid like the plague!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

If you like microwaved, packet mix food, then this is the place for you. Food was bland, rubbery and the special chow mein had definitely been heated in the microwave. Had to ask for chopsticks, but other than that the service was the best thing about this place. The waitresses were happy and attentive, although as there were only 3 sets of diners, they weren't rushed off their feet. We got the feeling they were a bit bored, and having eaten (well, picked at the food it was that bad), we can understand why it was so quiet. The worst anniversary meal ever!

• Visited September 2013