“Where parents dump their uncontrollable kids”
Review of One2Eleven

One2Eleven
Ranked #2 of 4 Fun & Games in Helston
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit Cornwall's incredible indoor play zone at One2eleven in Helston. Jam-packed with play areas specially designed for youngsters, One2eleven will also please the parents, providing a safe, engaging and relaxing space for some ultra fun family time. Kids will adore the main soft play arena, which is complete with air-bursting ball swamps, cannon shooters, slides, tunnels, rope walkways and swings. Meanwhile, toddlers will delight in an imaginative arena containing a soft play-horse carousel, soft play rocking horses and giant puzzles. The variety of activities suits a range of ages and abilities, while plenty of comfy seating nearby means that parents can relax, watch and interact with their children as they enjoy a coffee! Also hosting groups and birthday parties, One2eleven is the perfect place to stage a special celebration.
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

It seems unfair that my one year old is always hurt in some way by parents who simply let their children go nuts who basically 'need a break' and really can't control them. The worse time was him being smashed in the head with a metal teapot when I questioned their parents she laughed. I informed a member of staff they done similar and I quote there's nothing I can do. The toddler area us always filled with older children which also isn't fair. Its such a shame.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I went here with my two and four year old and was extremely pleased, there are a few signs asking you not to consume your own food but you get those everywhere that sells food.. The kids loved playing on the equipment which almost looked new. Tables were cleared and wiped in minutes of being vacated and stickers handed to the children on exit for playing nicely.. October is quite quiet and I do not know what this would be like in high tourist season but at this time of year is very hard to beat, we spend lots of time in different play areas and this one is the best we have been to by a mile.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We visited One2Eleven today for my daughters birthday party - there was 7 adults and 8 children - we got there when we were waiting in line we were told she could not take her balloons in (that she had brought for her friends). So i put them back in the car - she was breaking her heart. We then brought all the children meals. We must have spent well over £180 on food and entrance just to be told that we were not allowed to have her birthday cake on the premises- I was not even allowed to cut it up and put it in the party bags. We were ABSOLUTELY disgusted - after we had spent all that money - it was not like we took our own picnic and didn't spend any money there. The staff we terribly rude - a few of them knew hardly any English. I will not be visiting again.

Ssloth, Manager at One2Eleven, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear WonkyWilliams

I am sorry to read of your disappointing visit to One2eleven. We are always very highly regarded in regards to the helpful attitude and friendliness of our staff. In this instance, this was not a booked birthday party in one of our rooms and therefore we could not allow the helium balloons into the main arena where you had the party due to the probability of a balloon going into the rafters and then setting alarms off after hours etc. If the party was booked, balloons could have been taken to the designated party room where we would have happily allowed cakes and any other 'party accessories' to be set up too.

You state you were not allowed to cut the cake. However the staff did cut up the cake ready to take away in the party bags on departure of your visit and offered to light the candles for your child to blow out away from the main arena in the reception area in which i have been told you declined to do.

Birthday parties are extremely popular at One2eleven and the majority of feedback is always very positive. I am sorry you did not find this.

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Been here a good few times as live in Penzance and my 3 year old boy loves it here but my gripe is the fact that there are signs EVERYWHERE stating that only food and drink bought on the premises may be consumed here.On my last visit a man had brought in sports type bottles for all 4 of his children and nothing was said,even when I pointed this out to a member of staff all she did was shrug her shoulders and say 'well what can we do?' I find this very unfair when we already pay over £10 for my son,husband and myself just to enter,then with drinks/food on top it turns out to be an expensive visit.If your going to have rules one2eleven then stick to them.

1  Thank jojo33Penzance

Dear jojo33Penzance

Thank you for your overall positive review on TA. It's great your son continues to enjoy himself at One2eleven. As you state, we do have strict rules in regard to our food and drinks policy. I can only apologise that the other customer on a previous visit was seen with a sports bottle and this was not picked up upon at the time.

We do hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

If it's raining then this place is great, both our 11 month old son and two and a half year old daughter loved it.
We stayed in padstow and had a week of wet weather. We went to a couple of soft play areas but this one was by far the best and we'll worth the extra little travel if you combine it with something else down that way.
Staff excellent and the whole place was spotlessly clean.

Food is very good compared to other soft play places.

Granted we went out of season so it wasn't packed and not sure what it would be like if it was, but it is well worth the money and probably the best play centre we have been to!

Dear DMA1978

Thank you for your wonderful reviews regarding our indoor play attraction. It's fantastic you had a brilliant time with us whilst on holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are in Cornwall again.