“Superb food and fantastic prices”
Review of Nettles

Nettles
Ranked #47 of 113 Restaurants in Helston
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: British
Description: Restaurant & Take Away
Description: Restaurant & Take Away
Helston, England, United Kingdom
“Superb food and fantastic prices”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Yet again nettles has excelled themselves. Proper chips and the fish cooked to order 5 of us ate for under £23 where else would this happen! The staff are fab and it's a pleasure to eat there in or takeaway

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Claire H

Helston, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

As a local to Helston my kids love going and if we say we're going to chippy it's are we going to nettles and are we sitting in! I don't know how the guys do it at such fantastic prices and their pies (not pasties) are to die for! Tim keeps my youngest entertained throughout the meal excellent

2 Thank Claire H
Cornwall
“The best Cafe for Fish and Chips in the area”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Sadly I didn't realise I had not reviewed Nettles. Sorry Nettles. I don't do Facebook. And when you just go somewhere regularly you often forget sometimes to tell everyone about it....

Nettles is a Fish and Chip restaurant in a classic Café style in two halves. Café décor and bohemian restaurant. I do not go there for the décor. If you want fancy curtains and plush wallpaper, your going there for the wrong reasons.

Go there simply for the best service and the great food. You can take your own wine, beer and you do not get charged for opening it.

I like doing the extremely large fish meals and sharing.

Nettles is suitable for everyone visiting Helston or the Lizard and wants somewhere on the way back. And you can book in advance.

They are so good they are on my phone! Which says it all.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bodillymill
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding food & prices!! Best restaurant in town.”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Nettles is by far the best chip shop restaurant I have ever been too. Not only do they cook fish they do delicious home cooked meals, like homemade lasagne, cottage pie, fish pies and various specials that changes daily. They also do yummy homemade desserts which has never been the same when iv re visited. Also The value of the food is outstanding!!!

Iv lost count how many times iv eaten at Nettles,Never had a bad meal it's all been fantastic which is why I thought I should leave this review. The service is great all the staff make you feel very welcomed.

I strongly recommend you to experience this place for yourself. It's very much worth the 1 minute walk down the town.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Emma-Helston
Southsea
“What a great find!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This Restaurant and Take-away is called Nettles and the menu states that you won't be stung. This is correct. This was a great find. Don't be put off by the unpretentious décor which could probably do with a little TLC: the food is great and very reasonable. There is the added attraction of a life-size Dalek.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank MarilynSouthsea
Marc S, Owner at Nettles, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Thanks for the kind review....we will be embarking on redecoration very shortly....and I'm glad you like my Dalek,Archie!...hope to see you again