All reviewsliskeard tavernrestaurant next doorair contable tableadjoining restaurantmeal dealthe puball you can eatmorrisons supermarketmain roadfamily roomnight's sleepcomfortable roomcouple of nightswould stay againwe've stayedone night stay
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My teenage daughter and I needed somewhere to stay overnight and Premier Inn seemed a sensible option as it was in the right area for us and we knew it had a good reputation for cleanliness and comfortable beds. We were not disappointed. When we arrived in the evening, the Receptionist Laura was extremely welcoming and very efficient, giving us all the information we needed and offering various services the hotel and attached restaurant had to offer. She also arranged for our meal (which we ordered at the bar of the restaurant) to be delivered to our room for no extra cost. We were very impressed with this as we wanted to eat in our room. The bedroom was large and well appointed. It was a little warm for our taste but we easily turned off the heat (touch controls on the wall) and opened the window. Perfect. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean, our room was no exception. The sheets were crisp and clean and snow white. The beds were so comfortable and the bathroom was clean and efficient. There was hand wash by the sink and hair/body wash by the bath. The bath had endless hot water, the shower was powerful, hot and straightforward. Plenty of clean towels, a choice of pillows (firm or soft) and a TV that was easy to understand. Everything felt new and fresh and it also felt that care had been taken with the cleaning and housekeeping. Our food was brought to our room by Laura the friendly Receptionist and we found it to be fresh and hot, just what we needed. We slept well, the place was silent. When we went down in the morning, Mark the night Receptionist was on duty and again, couldn't have been more helpful. We left feeling rested and very happy with our Premier Inn experience. We have booked to go to another Premier Inn this weekend after this positive experience, I hope the standard is as good as Liskeard. Well done to the whole team.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

A good stay, very comfortable, staff very welcoming and friendly. Good parking facilities.The Liskeard Tavern next to the Premier Inn was a comfortable place to eat and drink. A great location for touring the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

One of the older Premier Inns but cosy and comfortable. Excellent staff on Reception. Our room was spotlessly clean. The Tavern next door was really busy at supper time but the staff were very efficient, professional and pleasant. Good selection of food well presented and cooked, ample breakfast. We stay at Premier Inns frequently and this one is good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Located just off the A38 on the edge of Liskeard in Cornwall, the hotel in ideally placed for travelling around the south-west extremity of England. The hotel was a typical Premier Inn with a Pub/Restaurant, called the Liskeard Tavern, located next door. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room, while basic, was clean and warm. The Liskeard Tavern was doing a good trade with the range of meal options you'd expect from Premier Inn, served quickly and pipping hot. After a good night's sleep, breakfast the next morning consisted of a continental selection with an English breakfast option. If you're looking for a good value stopover in the Liskeard area then look no further!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights whilst down on business, secured a good rate through booking.com but without breakfast, but knowing I would be able to pay for it if so desired.

The hotel as always with Premier Inn was clean and I had a disable room with a wet room bathroom, which was very spacious. Shower was a bit weak but not so much to be an annoyance.

FREE WI-FI has to be a must for brand hotels, it really does put business users off, or me certainly anyway !!

Good bed and good nights sleep, but woke up and realised there were no towels in the room, so popped to reception to pick some up.

HOTEL - 4/5

The adjoining restaurant I used for the first night with a colleague, the maitre'd was foul faced and about as enthusiastic as a not very enthusiastic person, not very good service for a person who's main role within the service team is to get the dining experience off to a good start!! Arise Sam, our waiter for the evening who was great fun, attention to detail on drinks and food, very pleasant young man indeed. Top notch, very impressed and allowed us to forget about the miserable maitre'd young lady who was walking around with the same unhappy face all evening.

The food is what you would expect, served quickly enough, hot and tasty and decent value.

Restaurant Evening 3.5/4

Breakfast, well what an absolute disaster. We were sat down and the young man (who was polite enough) took our cooked order as we went to help ourselves to the cereals and coffee and juices etc. Toast machine wasn't working, the coffee was really awful, but cereal selection was good.

We asked for some toast to be brought which duly came, but looked as if it had gone under the toaster for about 20 seconds.

Took 40 mins for cooked breakfast to arrive (poached eggs with sausage mushroom and tomato). Regardless how busy it is that is ridiculous. To boot the sausage looked as if it had been under the same cooking time as the bread/toast. Pale, hardly any browning on it, didn't dare eat it.

Good job I hadn't already paid for the breakfast or I would have been asking for a refund

BREAKFAST 0/5

Overall the hotel is nicely located, with a good room and friendly reception staff. I do not know if they have any say over the adjoining restaurant / breakfast but you would think so especially the breakfast side.

The breakfast was that bad it has affected my overall score, I could have done two separate reviews but for me it was an overall experience, I was staying at the hotel and as such I have to vote on the hotel and the breakfast, the fact I have included the evening meal has improved the overall score I can tell you !

Would not return I am afraid, very disappointing experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank nedthewonderhorse
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Liskeard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests receive a warm welcome in a clean and comfortable environment, I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be investigated with our Management Team.