“the most friendly old-fashioned hotel with one-in-a-million staff”

The Cheesewring Hotel
Ranked #8 of 15 Liskeard B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The Cheesewring Hotel is situated on the edge of Bodmin Moor, 5 miles out of Liskeard, Cornwall off the A38.
I have been going there for over two years on DB&B or Sunday Lunches and I have never once found the staff anything less than friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. There is a smile on all their faces from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you walk out of it. The hotel is immaculately clean, the meals are out of this world and the helpings are ENORMOUS. The bedrooms (three only) have just been completely re-done with new furniture. En-suite, tea and coffee, tv, heating all in the rooms.
They LOVE dogs and will take animals in the bedrooms free of charge. Not only that, but Marcia Ware (manageress) will see that the dog has either a dog biscuit or a yoghurt pot to itself.
I cannot praise the Cheesewring Hotel highly enough. I am from a hotel background, my parents being hotel owners in the Highlands of Scotland. I have lived, worked and breathed hotels from the age of 12. I am now 62!! I have run my own holiday sailing charter business on my own sailing ship, and I have dealt a great deal with customers, good, bad, awkward and downright awful. Marcia has had her share of it, too, and still she keeps a smile on that lovely face of hers. How, I don't know. she just LOVES her job - and it shows. Fionna and Eric Hutchinson March 3rd, 2012.
We had to get away for the night due to personal circumstances, on Thursday, 1st March and one phone call to the Cheesewring and my husband and I knew we would be made welcome and our worries put at ease - at least for one night. And we were. Thank you Marcia and thank you Eileen for the wonderful cooking. But most of all for the assured friendship and welcome that you always offer.

2  Thank fionna h
There are newer reviews for The Cheesewring Hotel

Reviewed 24 May 2011

My daughter had her wedding reception there on 21/05/2011. The food and service were as good if not better than any 5* hotel. We had the most fantastic day. Would recommend to anyone. We had 30 guests and everyone was very happy. ***************** is not enough stars.

• Stayed: May 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liskeard
Trecarne House
#1 of 15 in Liskeard
Elnor Guest House
Elnor Guest House
#4 of 15 in Liskeard

Been to The Cheesewring Hotel? Share your experiences!