“very helpful for gluten free meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Butchers Arms - CLOSED

Butchers Arms
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
“very helpful for gluten free meals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I came here on New Years Day. The staff were very helpful at providing me with something i could enjoy being gluten free. They have different chips they make for people with gluten intolerances etc. I enjoyed the food very much the meat was of a high standard and very large portions for reasonable prices. The inside is looking a bit rough as they had been flooded recently but this was a minor detail when the staff are so lovely and open fire roaring away.

• Visited January 2013
7 Thank Veedubgirl11

Devon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,326 helpful votes
“Outside looks better than the inside.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Almost perfect exterior. Inside needs some work. Not sure the beer turnover is enough to provide optimum condition. But we like this pub and try to stop here if we have time if we are on the Liskeard/Callington Road. If you manage your expectations and if you are in a self entertaining group then you can have a very good time here. I've given it a four because the basics are average but the place has a bit of character.

Visited February 2013
9 Thank Cr0wM
Plymouth
“Excelent Christmas menu, good value for money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

I came to this pub with a gentleman friend for the special Christmas dinner we had on 21st December. My friend and I had the traditional turkey and all the trimmings with five varieties of freshly cooked vegatables after a starter followed by a sweet plus mince pies, mints and coffee, all beautifly prepared and cooked by Angie in the kitchen. Nobby her husband was mine hoste behind the bar, welcoming and jovial. Rick the barman doubled as a very attentive waiter, I thought he was very profesional. The whole dinner was very good value for money at just under £15 a head so I was told, more than generous on the plate. I asked for a small portion and still could not get through the main course with the amount of good food on my plate. You will not go away from this pub looking for a take-away or making a sandwich when you get home, believe me if this meal was anything to go by. We had an excellent dining experience with good value for money , this old Cornish 16th century pub, four miles east of Liskeard, has to be the best place to eat in the area. I will certainly get my gentleman friend to take me there again in the new year.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Jay F
Plymouth, Devon
“Good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

Just back from this establishment. I tried mine host's recommended steak and kidney pie which contained tender meat. My wife tried the steak and it really was medium rare, as requested. A real fire most welcome.

Remember, this is several miles east of Liskeard and, therefore, a good stopping point on any journey in or out of the county.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank plymouth
Somerset, United Kingdom
“Great food & service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

We called in for a mid week lunch out of the holiday season and despite being quiet we were made very welcome, logs added to fire and food order taken, in a very reasonable time the food came and it was really fresh, massive in quantity and very tasty (the gammon ham in the plowman's was about the best we have ever had!).
If I had to find fault it would be the decor is work in progress but with food this good and so reasonably priced it's not a fault!

• Visited October 2012