“Not to be missed!”
Review of Pencubitt House

Pencubitt House
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Liskeard
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night and wish we'd made it our base for longer. I simply couldn't fault it, easily one of the best hotels I've stayed in in terms of hospitality, comfort, decor, breakfast and all-round experience. We checked in very late (gone 9.30pm after a long day of sightseeing round the beautiful Lizard Peninsula) but nothing was too much trouble for Clive who showed us around, carried my Mum's bag up to the room and offered us a nightcap.

We sat and read in the sumptuously decorated lounge before retiring for a very welcome night's sleep. We had a twin room (Room 4 I believe) and found it extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. Breakfast next morning was a delicious treat and again the hospitality of Clive and his lovely wife was second-to-none. We were better able to see the hotel grounds in the daylight and enjoyed the lovely view our room had out over them. As I say, I wish we'd been able to stay for longer.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone - a great location for exploring the area with service, hospitality and comfort second to none.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife and I have just spent 3 wonderful days at the Pencubitt Country House and would recommend it to anyone. Fantastic breakfast, great rooms and truly lovely setting, but the hospitality is second to none. Will certainly be returning when in Cornwall.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

What can I say? Lovely house, great location close to the station, yet still in the rolling hills. Clive and his lovely wife were the perfect hosts. Great brekkie. My room (no.6) was the right size for me on my own, and they had provided everything I could possibly need.

My only complaint (one which I can't mark them down for) was the neighbour's cockerel in the morning. Not a lot to be done about that though ...

Please go, stay, talk to Clive and you won't regret it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I did not have to think twice about staying here again during my recent visit to Liskeard.

Everything that had made my previous stay enjoyable had not changed - the pristine accommodation and surroundings, sumptuous cooked breakfasts, and the engaging care of Clive and Dorette. This time, I took the king room with the balcony and was rewarded with glorious and peaceful views of the countryside..

If you are traveling to Cornwall, stop at Pencubitt for a dose of warm hospitality.

Room Tip: If you can, get the king room with the large balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed here on Wednesday night and was warmly greeted by Clive who checked me in and showed me to my room. I stayed in room 7 which had a beautiful view. The room was spotlessly clean with an extremely comfortable bed. The free wifi worked perfectly. At breakfast I had a nice chat with Dorette. The cooked breakfast was delicious and the coffee lovely and strong.
I mostly stay in large hotels during business trips but this made a very nice change and would not only recommend it but would also stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We have just returned from a few days leisure break in Cornwall and despite changeable weather we had a fantastic time. We stumbled upon Pencubitt on Google and it stood out immediately because of the website, which is excellent. On arrival, it is quite breath taking. A wonderfully kept building in beautiful grounds.

The hotel is stunning. We stayed in room 9 - at the top of the house. The room is fantastic, with plenty of room and stunning views over fields. We chose that room from the pictures on the website, and we were absolutely delighted with it. Total peace and quiet, which is what we wanted.

The owners, Dorette and Clive are charming and cannot do enough to make you feel welcome. They run the hotel with pride, energy and enthusiasm and are without doubt the best hosts of any hotel we have stayed in, here or abroad.

Clive's cooked breakfast is truly something that everyone should enjoy. All locally sourced produce, and boy can you taste the difference!

So in summary, we cannot recommend this hotel and it's owners highly enough. Superb accommodation set in beautiful grounds, wonderful hosts, amazing breakfast.

If you are thinking of a break in Cornwall, this must be at the top of your short list. The only thing you will regret is if you choose to stay somewhere else.

Thank you for a wonderful few days.

Bridie and Darren

Room Tip: All the rooms look nice but room 9 is big with amazing views. At the top of the house but worth the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Another wonderful stay at the Pencubitt.
In our regular visits to the St. Austell area to visit family we couldn't stay anywhere else.
Clive and Dorette are excellent hosts and their hotel is second to none.
The breakfast is exemplary (thank you Clive) and the rooms are spotlessly clean and beautifully furnished the beds are so comfortable you just don't want to get up in the morning!!
Of course... those views of the Looe Valley - well, what can you say - opening the curtains to the stunning scenery is the best start to any day.
See you again soon Pencubitt.
Olive & Graham

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liskeard
Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant
The Old Quay House Hotel
White Hart Hotel
White Hart Hotel
#2 of 2 in Menheniot

Been to Pencubitt House? Share your experiences!