“enjoyment of holiday”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Liskeard
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“enjoyment of holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

we were made to feel very welcome by pat and Julie this made are stay good fun and a great pleasure we would recommend this too many of our friends and family as we would know that they would enjoy there stay. excellent food a very good breakfast to start the day. from Tina/Stephen ray.

Room Tip: book up in advance
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
the frozen north
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed here for son's wedding weekend. Ideal location, beautiful building - well maintained and decorated. Breakfasts were excellent too. Sadly, the weekend was the last for the owners. It will be under new ownership now. Would like to wish Clive and Rosette all the very best for the future. Hope the new owners enjoy their time there, for many years to come.

• Stayed August 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Spent one night. Room well appointed and comfortable. Bathroom fixtures in good condition and well designed. Lovely setting in expansive grounds. Ideal for a quiet relaxing stay. Left before breakfast so cannot comment on food.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night and wish we'd made it our base for longer. I simply couldn't fault it, easily one of the best hotels I've stayed in in terms of hospitality, comfort, decor, breakfast and all-round experience. We checked in very late (gone 9.30pm after a long day of sightseeing round the beautiful Lizard Peninsula) but nothing was too much trouble for Clive who showed us around, carried my Mum's bag up to the room and offered us a nightcap.

We sat and read in the sumptuously decorated lounge before retiring for a very welcome night's sleep. We had a twin room (Room 4 I believe) and found it extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. Breakfast next morning was a delicious treat and again the hospitality of Clive and his lovely wife was second-to-none. We were better able to see the hotel grounds in the daylight and enjoyed the lovely view our room had out over them. As I say, I wish we'd been able to stay for longer.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone - a great location for exploring the area with service, hospitality and comfort second to none.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

My wife and I have just spent 3 wonderful days at the Pencubitt Country House and would recommend it to anyone. Fantastic breakfast, great rooms and truly lovely setting, but the hospitality is second to none. Will certainly be returning when in Cornwall.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

What can I say? Lovely house, great location close to the station, yet still in the rolling hills. Clive and his lovely wife were the perfect hosts. Great brekkie. My room (no.6) was the right size for me on my own, and they had provided everything I could possibly need.

My only complaint (one which I can't mark them down for) was the neighbour's cockerel in the morning. Not a lot to be done about that though ...

Please go, stay, talk to Clive and you won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I did not have to think twice about staying here again during my recent visit to Liskeard.

Everything that had made my previous stay enjoyable had not changed - the pristine accommodation and surroundings, sumptuous cooked breakfasts, and the engaging care of Clive and Dorette. This time, I took the king room with the balcony and was rewarded with glorious and peaceful views of the countryside..

If you are traveling to Cornwall, stop at Pencubitt for a dose of warm hospitality.

Room Tip: If you can, get the king room with the large balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liskeard
Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant
The Scarlet Hotel
#1 of 3 in Mawgan Porth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,500 reviews
The Old Quay House Hotel

Been to Pencubitt House? Share your experiences!