“Highly recommend”

Great Trethew Trekking
More attraction details
Owner description: We have horses and ponies to suit both adults and children of any age and ability. We are set in 40 acres of woodlands and meadows of Great Trethew Manor. Open 7 days a week, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Really well presented yard and horses, which truly does cater for all abilities.

Had a superb ride around the estate, with the option of jumps. Was great to feel like I could set the pace and not just be told where to go and how fast.

Gemma can also transport her horses to a variety of locations if you prefer. Bodmin Moor, the beach or local fun rides.

As I no longer have my own horse, I will be taking the opportunity to hire a horse for some hunt meets this winter. Can't wait :)

Definitely recommend

Reviewed 23 September 2013

After having had a great time riding with Gemma on local hacks, we asked if there was a unusual ride we could do to make our holiday in Looe memorable....

Gemma suggested a beach ride with a ride in the surf so we had originally planned to do this but my husband & son asked if they could come on there mountain bikes so Gemma suggested a ride over the moor with a swim on horseback in a pool over there, couldn't pass up an opportunity like this & a whole family day out as well.....

The date was set & off we went for a lovely long hack over the moor with the boys in Tow on there bikes....

Walks, canters & gallops ensued with some lovely scenery....

We had a great day out & the swim at the end on horseback was incredible...

Have posted 2 links to some videos on you tube, have a look see yourself, great day out...

4  Thank Nigel S
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Brilliant ride on fab horses! My daughter and I booked a 2 hr ride. We had a great time, the route quite challenging in places, especially for my daughter who is only a novice and it really boosted her confidence and ability-mine too, as I even got an impromptu jumping lesson at the end. Thank you-we loved every second! :-)

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Staying in the cottages, we just intended on visiting the stables with our young children to say hello to the horses, which we did, but then decided to book them in for their first rides the next day. Neither of our girls (4 yrs & 21 months old) had been on horseback before but they were led for a walk on the two gentlest horses ever. All the way up the drive and back (a half hour walk), before the girls got a bit tired. We even went back later in the evening so they could say night night to the horses before they went to bed.
Fantastic facilities, suitable for any age or ability, fabulous grounds/woods to ride in, lovely people who didn't mind us dropping in at any time. Wonderful experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We had a wonderful time at Great Trethew Riding stables. Myself my husband and three kids went out on a hack through a lovely wood. The ponies where very well behaved with great personalities.
Gemma who owns the Livery was very friendly and experienced.we had a lovely time and would love to do it again.