“Very Quaint ”

Ranked #1 of 15 Liskeard B&B and Inns
Luton
“Very Quaint ”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night at the nebula guest house in Liskeard and I had a very comfortable and relaxing stay. The lovely couple who own the guest house were very friendly and made me feel very relaxed. The room was very clean and comfortable and I enjoyed my stay.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
somerset
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We read all the other reviews Booked and were not disappointed. One of the best B&Bs we have ever stayed in. Excellent value for money. Liskeard not to bad, if you want basic pub grub / good indian and / or good beer

Reviewed 6 August 2014

A warm welcome from the hosts, Barry and Martine, then shown to a beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean room. We stayed two nights that were extremely comfortable and quiet, followed by two excellent breakfasts!! The entire guest house was clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated and Barry and Martine were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. A superb stay and we would highly recommend the Nebula to anyone visiting this part of Cornwall.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Martine and Barry were very welcoming, my family had 3 rooms over 2 nights, 21st and 22nd of July 2014. I have a huge bed - not sure if it was super-king or just king but I could 'starfish' to my heart's content! :) All rooms were spotlessly clean, good quality linen and the correct size (bath sheets) towels. Breakfast - could not fault it. Very helpful and informative couple. If I'm in the area again I will stay there. Will not hesitate to recommend it - don't be fooled by the exterior.

Room Tip: Of the 3 rooms we had I preferred mine because it was on the ground floor - other than a few stairs...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2014

You can be assured of a warm welcome from Barry and Martine at the Nebula. This is a bit of a Tardis, small from the outside but vast inside! Rooms (ours was No7) are modern, clean and well appointed. Ours overlooked a lovely tiered garden and had a huge wetroom bathroom which was a lovely surprise. Breakfast was substantial and well cooked, and the coffee just the most perfect start to the day.

We were only there two nights, but the friendly welcome, advice of where to go to eat in the evenings was well recieved.

I cannot recommend The Nebula high enough and hope to be back soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a very high standard, so don't be put off by the cottage style entry from the s...
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Outstanding.

I stayed here for 17 nights whilst working at the local school. The service from the couple that run the b & b was impeccable, they really made me and my colleagues feel at home and always went out of their way to please us. Since none of us could drive, they took us by car to a local seaside town called Looe. They continuously offered us advice and local knowledge on things to do and see as well as places to eat.

The actual property itself had a lovely cottage feel to it and was very well decorated. The room I stayed in (room 5) had a memory foam mattress, a decent sized television and an en-suite shower room which was luxurious.

For breakfast there was a wide range of options including a full cooked breakfast, cereals, fruit salad, yoghurt or anything else you can think of and everything was delicious. All the food had a health conscious feel to it. For example, the sausages and bacon were oven cooked rather than fried and all meals included some lovely salad. For diner the portions were huge and always very tasty and it was obvious that plenty of effort had gone into preparing them using locally sourced ingredients.

All in all, I was treated like a prince and felt like a king. I felt comfortable and I will definitely be returning one day!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sukhi1729
Martine M, Owner at Nebula Guest House, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Wow a great essay given by a budding( and going to be great) Maths Teacher someday!.
Thank you & see you again soon.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed for one night with my husband for the first time at Nebula & we will certainly come back again & again. Was a little worried at first that our room was at the front of the house by the road, but thankfully the road is so quiet you could forget it was even there. The room was spacious, spotless & super comfortable, i couldn't fault it at all. Barry & Martine were also amazing hosts, their baked not fried english breakfast was heavenly & we felt as if we'd made two new friends. I've always rated B&B's over faceless hotels & this one certainly deserves it's obviously popularity (especially with it close proximity to town & also the amazing restaurant The Hayloft). If you're staying in Liskeard, i'd highly recommend staying here, i only wished we'd been able to stay longer.

2 Thank Evergreenworks
Martine M, Owner at Nebula Guest House, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Wow, thank you so much for this lovely review. We love Cornwall & Barry & I really enjoy giving all our guests a warm welcome on arrival & throughout your stay with us.
Thank you again, we look forward to your return to this lovely County :-)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liskeard
Pencubitt House
#4 of 15 in Liskeard
Eliot House Hotel
Eliot House Hotel
#5 of 15 in Liskeard

Been to Nebula Guest House? Share your experiences!