“Friends”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Friends”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Ate here last night with a group of friends deciding to give this place another go. Food was ok but unfortunately the next morning 8 out of 10 of us were ill this morning. Just getting the strength back now to write this review. I'm not saying it was this place for sure but we'll be giving this place a wide birth from now on

“Fabulous food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We live locally and have had many meals both as takeaways and eating in. We ate in recently and it was really good tasty served up promptly and they even popped out to get pineapple juice as they had run out! Only problem was starting a new member of staff meant the owner was working really hard but it didn't affect the food at all.

“Food for thought”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Given the mixed reviews of the Annapurna I decided to try the restaurant for myself and agree reviews both good and bad should be taken with a ‘pinch of salt’ since we do not know who has written the reviews e.g. genuine customers or simply friends/family members

I agree the dining area itself is clean and the waiter/ess service provided is very good in deed. I have also tried the Everest in the town centre and found their service and cleanliness to be as good as the Annapurna (albeit with the Everest their pink walls are to be desired!).

However, the one difference I did note was the Everest advertised a rating sticker in their window they were given by the Food Standards Agency and they had applied a rating of 4 out of a possible 5. I have since used the Food Standards Agency website to review other restaurants in the town including Annapurna (had to search by postcode to find this particular restaurant) and note this restaurant has only been given a rating of 1 out of 5 which means major improvements are required.

Therefore whilst both restaurants aesthetically appear to be to a good standard, given the rating applied by the Food Standards Agency which is an independent/unbiased body and separate to any reviews people place on websites, I will be using their website (ratings.food.gov.uk) to determine where I will be eating in the future.

2 Thank Louise L
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great food, Great Staff”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Almost did not come here after reading the poor review below, which shows you sometimes have to take reviews with a "pinch of salt" We had a friendly welcome after last minute booking, the restaurant is clean (toilets spotless) and no signs of any staff smoking on the premises! - The young waiter was great, and both waitresses who served us were helpful and very friendly. The food was excellent, (Lamb Biryani and Chicken Tikka Massala, Sag aloo and Popadums) also very reasonable prices. We have been in a lot of Indian restaurants and this one is definitely excellent in my opinion so give it a try.

• Visited May 2014
Liskeard, United Kingdom
“Simply amazing!! Amazing food amazing staff...AMAZING!!!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've been dining at the Annapurna for the last 12 years, food has been amazing ans still is. The new owners are wonderful welcoming and friendly and I shall be dinning here for many years to come and recommending it to all. Ps I don't agree with the last review it sound like more of a personal attack rather then a review, because A ( even if "smoking" was done in the kitchen it would have no effects on the food) and B ( the staff are very professional and abide by the law as after reading the last review I confronted them and the chef personally showed me the kitchen and I must say it is very clean and hygienic.) will be going back!!!

Try it for your self highly recommended x