“Family holiday meal”

Price range: US$20 - US$46
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a gem this restaurant is!! After trying to book into many restaurants in Cornwall without much luck, we found this from Trip Adviser. Such a lovely restaurant and the food was excellent, the combinations of foods and tastes and textures was incredible, we did not want the meal to end. We had three courses and my family were absolutely delighted with the food. Thank you for being so helpful and welcoming to our 2year old grandson nothing was too much trouble and he loved the adapted version of our food that your chef made him.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I feel that I have to share this unbelievable experience while still fresh in my mind.
Having just returned from this restaurant I need to share my evening.
I have been fortunate to have been able to dine in some fantastic establishments but this was a privilege to have been allowed to enjoy extraordinary food and great atmosphere.
The menu has be devised in such a way that each course compliments each other perfectly. Each ingredient on each plate just enough to compliment one and other.
As a person that normally only has two out of three courses I felt compelled to try dessert too. I can only say I was not at all disappointed. Dessert was just as well thought out as the two previous courses.
If you do get a chance to visit this quaint town then make sure you visit this restaurant.
Great food that will blow you away along with great service that will rival any Michelin starred London restaurant.

I will definitely go back with friends and spread the word as they really do deserve as much praise and as much recommendation as possible.

A truly outstanding experience.

3  Thank S H
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our first night back in Cornwall and I had chosen this restaurant by the reviews on here. When we walked in, my partner was a bit apprehensive but he didn't have to be as each course was excellent. The menu is small but perfectly formed. We had the cured sea trout and monkfish scampi, belly pork and lamb loin. Each dish was beautifully presented and tasted sublime. I loved the pea sorbet with the sea trout. We were too full for dessert but we both agreed it was an excellent meal, each component of the meal was fantastic even down to the bread. Thank you for a great meal.

1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We have eaten several times at Asquiths since it opened as we live locally. I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed by the food. Asquiths serves very high quality dishes which are imaginative and delicious too. The menu is deliberately short as everything is freshly prepared to order. It does, however, change regularly so frequent visitors are always in for new surprises. The wine list is very reasonable too. If you like fish you are in for a real treat as the chef has a delicate hand, and do be sure to leave room for dessert.

I do not understand people who criticise Asquiths for having a short menu - food of this quality requires careful preparation by the chef. If you want a huge selection go to a pub which will serve food from the freezer.

The service is appropriate for the style of restaurant, and avoids being over-bearing. The atmosphere may be understated but the quality and value soon make up for this.

Several other reviews have commented on the restaurant being quiet. Lostwithiel is a small community with only a few visitors out of season so don't be surprised if it is not full. This is no reflection on the quality of the restaurant. Miss out on this venue and you will regret it!

1  Thank 444StuartM
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a table for 8pm and chose the restaurant after reading the reviews..we arrived only to find the restaurant had only one table of six people having dinner. And we were the second. As being rated 2nd in Lostwithiel I was surprised with the little choice on menu however we had a drink and moved on. The service was good though, but we felt bad to leave.

2  Thank Shan104