“no complaints”

Best Western Fowey Valley
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lostwithiel
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Everything about this Hotel was great from comfort of the room to excellent food and freeview TV which all best Western dont offer, my only little complaint would be a buffet cooked breakfast as most things tend to be only warm and the eggs are always overdone

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Simon B, General Manager at Best Western Fowey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Many thanks for your kind comments its so great to hear and read them which I will pass on to all of my Team. I take note reference our buffet breakfast and I will see what we I can do to improve our offering for everyone!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is one of the many Best Western (oxy-moron) hotels I have stayed in recently which really do need updating. I appreciate they are billed as 'good value' and 'basic' but with the emergence of very competitive chains such as Premier Inn and Holiday Inn Express these privately owned hotels need to consider the quality of what they offering to ensure they don't lose-out.

The Restormel Lodge is devoid of personality, both in terms of the fabric which is like stepping back into the 90's. Lumpy mattresses, pillows like old tyres and staff with no sense of customer service other than to bring you the things you ask for.

Food is OK to average, the toaster in the morning either gives you barely-toasted lines or if you put the bread in for a 2nd trip - cremation. I loathe these self-service toasters, a sign of lazy kitchen staff who should be able to produce a decent piece of toast as a bare minimum.

Evening meal highlights were microwaved lasagne with chips (yippee, double carbs!) and as we all know any self-respected Italian restaurant serves this combo.

Out-dated and in need of a good shake-up to bring it kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

There's a Premier Inn in Bodmin - 6 miles away. That would get my vote.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Wow my apologies for our Hotel not exceeding your expectations, we have invested a lot in our Hotel in the last few years and its a shame you haven't recognised this. I do hope you feel you can contact me directly so we can rectify all the problems you encountered, especially as I thought all our rooms & food offerings were upto a good standard now in comparison to what we charge as a good value 3 star Hotel; we haven't had a review like this in a long time.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The room I stayed in was tired to say the least. The bed was worn out resulting in a poor nights sleep and sore back in the morning. The food was pretty good in the restaurant, however the service at dinner and breakfast was appalling. At dinner, the service was slow with no attention to detail. At breakfast the girl that served clearly just didnt want to be there. I think this is a shame as the kitchen does some nice food.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Wow again my apologies for our Hotel not exceeding your expectations, we have invested a lot in our Hotel in the last few years and its a shame you haven't recognised this. I do hope you feel you can contact me directly so we can rectify all the problems you encountered, especially as I thought all our rooms & food offerings were upto a good standard now in comparison to what we charge as a good value 3 star Hotel; we haven't had reviews like this in a long time.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I and our two girls stayed here for one night on the 2nd Nov. Our rooms we beautiful and the twin room the girls had was enormous [the hotel had been great even before we got there as they had been able to give us rooms next door to each which was a late request I made]. We were warmly greeted at reception. We decided to eat in the hotel restaurant that evening and it was really useful to know that they had a large party eating that evening. It didn't effect us as we wanted to eat early anyway. The chef even offered to start cooking earlier for us and the food and service was fab! All the staff we met were friendly and polite and eager to ensure we had a pleasant stay. Breakfast the next day was very tasty. I would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your fabulous review, its lovely to hear and I will of course pass on all your comments to my staff, we look forward to seeing you again one day!

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd stay at this hotel.
Stayed in room 9. Excellent room, very large.
Food good, ideal location for me to travel to Falmouth, st Austell, Bodmin and liskeard.
Great value overall and easy to find. Plenty of parking.
Would stay again

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review, as you mentioned room 9 rest assured it is our largest room, complete with a 42" Plasma TV and a big bathroom! We look forward to seeing you again here in Lostwithiel and we hope we can give you the same room as its always in high demand!

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed 10 hours in the place and to be honest for the price it's good enough. Great nights sleep and breakfast was delicious. The staff were very attentive although it states the bar is open till 11 but when asked for a bottle of wine 20 mins before closing time we were told no. It says sausages on the breakfast menu but you only get one sausage.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We could not have asked for a better place. Value for money, customer service, room quality, all was excellent. I would highly recommend this chain of hotels wherever you go. They are really superb. My wife and I were really impressed with the price and value. Much cheaper and better facilities than a normal bed & breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lostwithiel
The Carlyon Bay
The Fowey Hotel
The Fowey Hotel
#3 of 3 in Fowey
Premier Inn St. Austell Hotel

Been to Best Western Fowey Valley? Share your experiences!