This is a great place to stay, in a lovely town. We found the Royal Oak on our last visit to the area, and the staff were so friendly we decided to try staying there this time. Our room, number 2, was large well furnished and decorated. The bed was comfy, and the en suite shower room big enough to hold a party in. It was kept very clean. Breakfast is generous, and cooked freshly for you.
We took our two dogs with us, and they were made very welcome too. Loads of good walks for them close by. We will visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13Th Century Inn with original features; Listed stained glass windows and also a tunnel link to nearby Restormel Castle. Lostwithiel has a fascinating history & is a bustling, popular town on the River Fowey. Near to Lanhydrock House & Garden, The Eden Project, Heligan Gardens etc and south coast; Fowey, Looe, Charlestown and Mevagissey. The Royal Oak has newly refurbished, comfortable & spacious rooms, all en suite, together with a great pub restaurant & bar, popular with local & visitors alike. The chefs offer traditional pub food using fresh local produce. During the summer, you can enjoy the extensive, patio area in the dappled shade of a lovely willow tree. For cooler weather, there are 2 cosy wood burners providing a great comforting atmosphere in the bar, snug lounge and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Royal Oak Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Inn Lostwithiel, Cornwall