This popular pub in a most attractive town has a nice, if overpriced, restuarant and a noisy bar. The staff were pleasant but in no way pro-active.
Our room was small and without comfort. The double bed looked like an iron sleigh and, with 2" thick pillows it was impossible to sit up without the 'railings' at the back slicing into shoulders and neck. There was one small garden type wicker chair and not sufficient room to fit in the wardrobe and chest of drawers with TV on top. Then there was the bathroom!! There was about 20" between the wall and the bath (with solid shower screen above) to fit the toilet in. This meant that, when seated, you could just about open your knees 2-3" -- think about it!
All this for £75 room B&B. For what we got, I think this was overpriced.
Lostwithiel is lovely and I would certainly like to return and explore it further - but deffinitely not at the Royal Oak!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13Th Century Inn with original features; Listed stained glass windows and also a tunnel link to nearby Restormel Castle. Lostwithiel has a fascinating history & is a bustling, popular town on the River Fowey. Near to Lanhydrock House & Garden, The Eden Project, Heligan Gardens etc and south coast; Fowey, Looe, Charlestown and Mevagissey. The Royal Oak has newly refurbished, comfortable & spacious rooms, all en suite, together with a great pub restaurant & bar, popular with local & visitors alike. The chefs offer traditional pub food using fresh local produce. During the summer, you can enjoy the extensive, patio area in the dappled shade of a lovely willow tree. For cooler weather, there are 2 cosy wood burners providing a great comforting atmosphere in the bar, snug lounge and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Royal Oak Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Inn Lostwithiel, Cornwall