it was our first time at the royal oak even though we live in cornwall. I have to say the food was lovely fish n chips were gorgeous wit tartar sauce (homemade) was amazing, and the lamb and mash was outstanding, the choc chip cheesecake is also worth a try was gorgeous aswell was very happy with the food and the service was very organised and food was brought out quick. very happy all round.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 13Th Century Inn with original features; Listed stained glass windows and also a tunnel link to nearby Restormel Castle. Lostwithiel has a fascinating history & is a bustling, popular town on the River Fowey. Near to Lanhydrock House & Garden, The Eden Project, Heligan Gardens etc and south coast; Fowey, Looe, Charlestown and Mevagissey. The Royal Oak has newly refurbished, comfortable & spacious rooms, all en suite, together with a great pub restaurant & bar, popular with local & visitors alike. The chefs offer traditional pub food using fresh local produce. During the summer, you can enjoy the extensive, patio area in the dappled shade of a lovely willow tree. For cooler weather, there are 2 cosy wood burners providing a great comforting atmosphere in the bar, snug lounge and restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Oak Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Oak Hotel Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Lostwithiel
- Royal Oak Inn Lostwithiel, Cornwall