“Incredibly relaxing and fab food!”
Review of The Scarlet Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Scarlet Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mawgan Porth
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We have tried to go to the scarlet twice a year. It is one of those places to go to unwind and enjoy good company, swim, eat glorious food, and walk on the beach.
We love it!
The rooms are light and brilliantly designed- watching the sea from your huge bed is such a great morning starter.
The staff are so easy to approach and friendly, and excellent at their job.
The only negative is that I would like to make tea in my room- but it does come very quickly when you ask!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words... I'm glad that you continue to love us and it's wonderful to hear that you try to visit us twice a year, allowing you to also make the most of our dramatic scenery changes. I am so glad that you've fed back with regards to tea facilities... We are very precious about our loose leaf, special blend tea, as you know, and do absolutely love to brew the perfect pot for you. We love our tea so much that we even arrange tours Tregothnan, the lovely estate where our tea grows! However, we will always supply a hospitality tray if asked, so please do just let us know when you're next staying and we can make one up for you and refresh it during your stay as we make up and turn down your room each day (but I'd still take advantage of the morning pot brought to your room if I was you, so you can relax and carry on taking in that wonderful sea view from bed!)

We look forward to you staying again this year for more glorious food, great company and perfect walks on the beach.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Had the pleasure of eating at The Scarlet this evening. Met by friendly, polite and courteous staff who were attentive but not intrusive. As a vegetarian I'm usually limited to the one or two meals at the bottom of a menu but at The Scarlet I actually had a complete menu to choose from. The food was immaculately prepared and presented, but a little on the small side in terms of portion size. Car parking is a bit of a nightmare, small car park meaning you need to double park and not a lot of room to manoeuvre. However, valets are to hand. The evening was lovely, an improvement in the weather would have completed the evening so that we could have seen the sun set over the sea whilst eating our meal. Not sure any hotel/restaurant could arrange this though. If you want a meal for a special occasion then head to The Scarlet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Isn't our vegetarian menu absolutely fabulous?! As a fellow veggie, I am so proud of our menu, and find it so refreshing that we have a whole menu, created with just as much thought and love, to choose from. Our chefs feel very passionate about the fact that any 'free from' diets so never be free from taste or excitement, and even better still is the fact that due to them only working with the freshest, most seasonal ingredients, that there's always a new surprise in store every day! I do hope that you'll come back soon and get to witness the famous Mawgan Porth sunset. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We returned here for our honeymoon after many great times here and stayed over christmas. I absolutely loved it the ability to do as much or as little as I wanted was amazing. The Hot tubs looking out to sea are breathtaking as is the outdoor pool (if your brave enough) the food was brilliant. They even had a special menu made as my wife and I have food allergies. Would highly recommend this Eco Hotel as the great getaway it is
5star

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review... it's wonderful to hear that you both still love us so much after so many visits, and it's such a pleasure when people choose us for something as special and romantic as a honeymoon. I am so glad that you and your wife continue to have such a lovely and relaxed time with us, and do hope that you will continue to have lots more anniversaries and celebrations with us in the future!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We spent New Year at The Scarlet a couple of years ago and we had the most amazing time, we will be revisiting as soon as we can. Staff, food, treatments and accommodation were some of the best we have ever experienced.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others, and what a lovely coincidence to receive a New Year's review today as we have, as a matter of fact, just been excitedly discussing our festive packages! It's so strange to be thinking about it right now, sat on the dining room terrace in the glorious sunshine. However, even just thinking about our 'Scarlet house party' and the fun of the Scarlet swim are enough to get us all excited again, and, although I can't give away too much just yet, we are sure that this year is going to be our best ever.

It's wonderful to read that you're hoping to come back and see us again soon. The summer is such a splendid time to visit us and this part of the world. Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing you again in the not-to-distant future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I had no idea what to expect - booked by my wife for my birthday. But honestly, just the best service I have experienced anywhere - relaxed, friendly and helpful without exception. The food is to die for, and lying on a sofa outside under a blanket watching the sunset was wonderful. Yes, it's pricey, but worth it, and I would return without question.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Happy birthday, once again. I'm absolutely delighted that your wife decided to treat you to time with us, and so glad that you enjoyed it! I agree that the sunset from the retreat terrace, curled up with a blanket and a hot drink is very special and something that is definitely a must during a stay with us. A perfect experience to share with a loved one or friend! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words regarding our team. It was an absolute pleasure to pass your compliments on to them. We all hope that you will be back to stay (maybe for another special celebration) in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We are returning from a 3 night stay at this wonderful hotel. The hotel gets things done in promptly but in a unhurried and chilled out way. It feels like you are staying in someone's house- rooms lovely and lots of lovely public areas too. Great food and wine. And so lovely not to encounter a breakfast buffet; instead a lovely breakfast menu which changes a bit day to day.

The location is amazing. You can see and hear the sea and get to the coastal path very easily.

We'll be going back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Erica L, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am so glad that you felt so relaxed here. A luxurious and tranquil 'home from home' experience is exactly what we are hoping to create, so it's wonderful to read that you really felt this during your time with us. I completely agree with your comment with regards to a breakfast menu... A good breakfast really sets you up for the day, which is why we decided on a relaxed three course affair, cooked fresh to order whilst you read a paper of enjoy the view... so much of a nicer way to start the morning than a hurried, busy buffet (even more special when taking advantage of our complimentary room service... Breakfast in bed with a view of the sea, and the breeze coming through the patio doors just cannot be beaten!)

It's lovely to hear that you will be returning, so I look forward to welcoming you back then.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I spent two nights at The Scarlet during the Easter holidays. From the moment we arrived we had a wonderful experience! The staff are friendly and attentive, the design and décor are refreshing (enhanced by the great music!), the food is delicious and the spa area is SO relaxing..! We had a Just Right room that opened directly onto the grass and offered us uninterrupted views of the ocean. The room was spacious and light and a little quirky which we loved - our only quibble would be the slightly too 'open plan' toilet arrangements!! We had a thoroughly enjoyable, relaxing and rejuvenating time at The Scarlet; we hope to return soon and have been confidently recommending it to friends and family!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

I am so glad that you had an lovely Easter with us and left us feeling relaxed and rejuvenated, which is exactly the effect we hope for! It's so nice to hear that you found our music here so special... We pour a lot of thought and energy into providing what we hope is a lovely background soundtrack to the hotel... In fact some of our laid back live acts at the weekends have as much of a following here as our gorgeous desserts and wonderful wine list! Of course nothing quite beats the peaceful sounds of the birds and sea, which I love the rooms with the gardens so much... so lovely to be able to walk straight out of your door and down l to the beach to make the most of it!

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience with us... it's lovely to hear that you are recommending us to friends and family and we look forward to welcoming them, and you again, hopefully very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mawgan Porth
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
Sands Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to The Scarlet Hotel? Share your experiences!