All reviews great hosts local pub beach hut minute drive single room lovely apartment guinea pigs family holiday rosie newquay walks watergate
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were here for 3 nights over the Easter weekend. This was our first B&B stay, and we didn't know what to expect. Happy to say we are absolutely delighted with our experience. Firstly, the rooms are fantastic. Modern, decorated to a good standard, and spacious. The rooms were better than many hotel rooms we have stayed in. Secondly, the service is literally amazing, as all the reviews here so clearly indicate. Andrew and Rosie treat you like family, and couldn't do more to make your stay pleasant. Thirdly, the breakfast is brilliant. Eggs as you like them, sausages, bacon, pancakes, toast, cereal, fruit - you couldn't ask for more. Fourthly, the location is very close to Newquay, and there are a couple of local beaches too a very short drive away. Most importantly, our 5 year daughter loved the experience, and cant wait to go back again. Take a chance on this B&B - you wont regret it!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from a wonderful Easter weekend spent at Kernow trek lodge. Everything was lovely from the imaculately clean rooms to the amazingly yummy breakfasts. Andrew and Rosie could not be more friendly or helpful. They really made our stay special and unforgettable. We even got Easter eggs left on our bed for us on Easter Sunday which was such a lovely personal touch. There was unlimited tea and coffee which was amazing, fresh cold milk and juice for us to help ourselves to. These personal touches really make this b&b a wonderful place to stay. The weather was pretty horrible on Sunday so the selection of board games and our very comfortable room made it very welcoming after a wet and windy walk on the beach. This b&b has great access to Newquay as well as Padstow and the surrounding areas. Thank you so much Rosie and Andrew, we will definitely be back to stay!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KKHeath
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Needing somewhere to stay overnight while travelling through Newquay Airport, I had a fantastic welcome from Rosie and Andrew who did their best to make me feel "at home" during my overnight stop, a lovely end to my holiday.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ma S
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is my third stay so that should tell you everything (and I'm back again next week). I can only echo the other excellent reviews here. Rosie and Andrew make you feel at home. They are warm, friendly and helpful. A pot of tea and biscuits is waiting for you when you arrive which you can enjoy in the breakfast room or conservatory. Each tastefully decorated room (I've stayed in three) is en suite with excellent showers - perfect for post-surf relaxing. The rooms are cosy, warm and quiet. The beds are very comfortable and there are wall-mounted flat screen TVs to nod off to. Andrew and Rosie know loads about the area so just ask. If you are surfing there are washing and rinsing facilities out back to get your wetsuit etc sorted out. Breakfast is served at a very civilised time usually between 8.30 - 9.00. There are a wide range of cereals, yoghurts and fruit to start with while you wait for the main event. The Full English. Perfectly cooked sausages, bacon, eggs, hash browns, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms (or any combination) served with a stack of toast. Go for something on toast instead or try the pancakes. Or a bacon sandwich. You get the picture. Nothing is too much trouble and it all tastes great. You won't leave hungry. It's forbidden. Not that my stomach rules my head but the local pub - The Travellers' Rest does excellent food too so evenings are no problem. A few strides across the road and you're there. For a perfect B&B, choose the Kernow Trek Lodge, you won't be disappointed.

Room tip: I've stayed in three different rooms and they've all been great.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Piers R
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The double room was comfy, no problems, but what makes this place excellent are the owners who seem genuinely pleased to help you out with anything at all. If we were in the area again we'd definitely stay here once more - can't ask more than that! (P.S. The Travellers Rest a few minutes walk away is also a welcoming pub and does pretty tasty food!)

Date of stay: October 2013