All reviews local pub beach hut equipment needed great apartment home from home newquay walks cliffs break
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I think I would crash the TripAdvisor's server if I wanted to express it fully what an amazing experience it was to be staying at Rosie and Adrew's B&B !!!
So I will just try and limit myself to the ''facts''. It's the cleanest and friendliest B&B I have ever stayed at in my entire life! The rooms are cosy, beds (mattresses and especially pillows - I think the flat 5mm thick ''regular'' English pillows are a nightmare so I was sooo relieved not to see these in sight at Kernow!) are comfortable, en-suite bathrooms immaculate!
The breakfast....boy oh boy - one feels as if they are on an all-inclusive, eat as much as you want holiday! THE PANCAKES ARE SOOO DELICIOUS!!!

And last but certainly not least - THE HOSTS are ... I am looking for the right word but I can't just use one....therefore: attentive, warm, welcoming, positive, always smiling and in great spirits. Simply: special, incredible people!

I rarely take so much time to write a review or feedback but it would be a shame not to in this case! Rosie and Andrew deserve each and every compliment that I used and that I found in other people's posts.

To sum up, honestly, when saying good-bye to Rosie and Andrew I felt as if I was saying good-bye to long-no-see friends or a favourite uncle and aunt !
I almost felt emotional and it was only a 2-night stay !!!

All the best to you Andrew and Rosie!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

After many holidays at this wonderful B&B we will be back in August. Rosie and Andrew's warm and friendly nature, the lovely clean rooms, the location, not to mention the huge breakfasts just keep drawing us back time and time again.

Room tip: All the rooms are excellent
Date of stay: July 2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were made very welcome - it was like being at home! The breakfasts were good and the room was fine for the 2 of us. The bathroom was small for someone (what shall I say?) of ample girth! But a lovely hot shower. Unfortunately both my wife & I were unwell - nothing to do with the place - and Rosie was very helpful in finding a local doctor for us. We look forward to going back there soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Escaping for a quick weekend away before the summer hits, my wife and I took a weekend to Cornwall. We stayed 2 nights at the Kernow Trek Lodge and absolutely loved it.

We arrived on the Friday afternoon and checked in. After a few hours driving I was happy just to have somewhere other than a car to be, but when we got into the room we found the standard information pack that you find within tourist area B&Bs. But also advised on things like where to get the best mobile phone signal and made it very clear that they were available night and day to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

We had a double-twin room, which was immaculately clean and a lovely and en suite. It wasn't the largest room, but it certainly wasn't cramped. The beds were very comfortable and (normally a bugbear of mine) there were a good amount of pillows. I slept like a log.

On the first morning we both elected for the English cooked breakfast and we were both impressed with the amount of food provided and the quality. Typically I find B&B to be lacking on the second B, this was not the case and we both ate our fill, which fuelled a great day. Another table that morning had pancakes, and we both agreed the next morning we would be trying those. The pancakes are amazing. Freshly made by one of the owners. American style, thick and fluffy with a soft texture and good flavour.

The nearby pub is delicious and Mawgan Porth is a mile away with a beautiful beach and lovely views.

I cannot fault Kernow Trek on anything and will stay there again next time I holiday in Cornwall.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Just returned from a two night trip here with partner and our ten week old baby. I can't fault it, the hosts were lovely and friendly and very helpful, they made everything so much easier for us travelling with a baby. Our room was spotless and very comfortable, and as others have mentioned the breakfast is fantastic - definitely try the freshly made pancakes, they are awesome. All in all a great B&B, I can't recommend it highly enough. We'd definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

Trip type: Travelled with family