It is hard to equate some of the negative comments in other reviews with our experience of Bedruthan. This was our third visit, this time for the last week of August whereas previously we have gone in May/June, and it was absolutely fantastic. Responding to a few comments below: scrambled, poached or boiled eggs are not charged extra at breakfast, you simply have to ask and they will be freshly prepared for you. The only breakfast food items with extra charges are pancakes (which I must say are slightly pricey at £2.50!), smoked salmon with scrambled eggs, and kippers; freshly squeezed orange juice is also an extra but they explain that this is because they want people to enjoy local produce which is why they provide the lovely local apple juice instead. Food overall very good indeed, and some truly exceptional dishes in both the Wild Cafe and the Herring.
I can't comment on the rooms without a sea view because we have always booked the sea view ones which are lovely, and many of which have been redecorated since our last visit. Plentiful soap and an interesting shampoo bar are provided, and we find the standards of cleanliness and housekeeping exemplary.
The food package: I would agree that this could do with a slightly clearer preliminary explanation as to what is and isn't included but overall I would say it is genuinely flexible and worked very well for us as a family. Baby listening: we have now stayed a total of 18 nights at the hotel and it has worked perfectly every single night.
The entertainment is particularly geared for younger children but our seven-year old still enjoys it, as does the three-year old, and the clubs are well run if you want to use them, albeit for the morning ones at an extra price. Pool furniture seemed fine to me and given we spent hours each day there thanks to the lovely weather I would have noticed if it was uncomfortable. And the service at the poolside bar was good too.
So my overall comment would be that there are always going to be dissatisfied customers at any hotel but from the number of people we met who were on the fifth, sixth or even seventh visit there are clearly far more who love it, and, like us, having returned last night are already looking forward to next year's visit to Bedruthan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cornwall's Large Hotel of the Year 2010/11 and Enjoy England's Sustainable Tourism Business of the Year. Bedruthan offers magnificent views over the Atlantic, an award-winning restaurant, indoor and outdoor pools, children's clubs and a stunning Ocean Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Bedruthan Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedruthan Steps Mawgan Porth
- Hotel Bedruthan Steps
- Bedruthan Steps Hotel
- Bedruthan Hotel & Spa Cornwall/Mawgan Porth