We have just arrived home from a short break at Bedruthan Hotel & Spa. As we approached the hotel, we were slightly disappointed by its' slightly 1970's appearance. But the interior of the hotel more than made up for our first impression - the decor was retro-contemporary and beautifully done. The reception staff were cheerful, friendly and efficient. We were there with our 21 year old son for whom we'd booked a single room. We'd booked a family room for ourselves, even though we are a couple. as it was the only way to get a sea view. Our room was beautifully decorated, lots of storage and spacious. The bathroom was slightly tired looking though. But the sea view more than made up for this ... stunning! Our son's single room was compact as you might expect and overlooked the tennis court. Unfortunately, it had a slight whiff of body odour and the single bed was unusually short. Our son at 6 foot 1, had a very restless first night as a result. But the next day, after a quick word with reception, he was offered a kingsize family room, overlooking the car-park, which was more than adequate., so no complaints there. The restaurant has a beautiful view over the bay, which we enjoyed whilst eating breakfast. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice and impressively 80% of the food was locally sourced. We did not visit the spa but we did sit by the outside pool, which was a lovely, sheltered peaceful area - a real sun-trap with lots of loungers and seats. What we felt the hotel was particularly good at, was offering both families and adult only parties, such as us, a break that catered to theirs and our particular needs. For example, we were served breakfast in a section of the restaurant, where there were only adults and occasionally older children. Whilst, we don't dislike children, it's quite nice when on holiday, not to have to deal with the noise and disruption that children inevitably bring. Also, children were not allowed in the lounge after 10pm. At the same time, families appeared to have their needs adequately served, with children's entertainers and child-friendly food. The separation was sensitively done and resulted in a relaxing break for everyone. I would heartily recommend this hotel to everyone whether you are part of a family, a couple or an adult-only party. Hopefully we will return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cornwall's Large Hotel of the Year 2010/11 and Enjoy England's Sustainable Tourism Business of the Year. Bedruthan offers magnificent views over the Atlantic, an award-winning restaurant, indoor and outdoor pools, children's clubs and a stunning Ocean Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Bedruthan Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedruthan Steps Mawgan Porth
- Hotel Bedruthan Steps
- Bedruthan Steps Hotel
- Bedruthan Hotel & Spa Cornwall/Mawgan Porth