“Spa and swimming pool”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mawgan Porth
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Spa and swimming pool”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

As a local I came here with my sister and my niece for the day. The pool and spa area is lovely, nice robes, lovely smelling toiletries to use. Friendly staff. We also had lunch in the little cafe near the outside pool as it was a really sunny day which was also really good.

1 Thank fifi985

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Slovak first
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

we went to bedruthan for a mini spa break before my friends wedding we arrived at the hotel and went to reception to check in the hotel entrance was very clean homely and looked great we were checking in and the staff at reception and all over the hotel were friendly welcoming and superb to us could not be more helpful. we then went to our room and based on our room we had a great sea view it was modern and warm and better than I anticipated the beds were comfy the only thing I would suggest is perhaps a harder pillow as for me personally if pillows are to soft I feel like I am suffocating just my personal opinion but other than that no faults what so ever I would not even class that as a fault lol food was great spa was wonderful it was just generally a lovely great place to be I cant wait to go back love it and would highly recommend the hotel and I did to a friend as she was unsure and I said what a great time we had there .

Room Tip: they are all lovely in my eyes especially one with sea views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rebecca B
mcr
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

There were lots of positives for this trip we spent a week there. However I would say there were also just as many negatives. Just an ok rating feel its expensive and over rated would not visit again. My overall opinion is as the title.

Views are stunning as everyone else has said.

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank satMcr
Great Torrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Wild cafe food excellent again (have also eaten in the adult Red Herring, also excellent) - could not miss eating here whilst in the area. Staff are attentive, friendly and relaxed. My bruschetta, short beef ribs with saffron mash & salted caramel/chocolate pud were wonderful. Our son made freinds with some young residents and had a fab time playing for hours whilst we watched the sunset. Top night.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Restaurant
Group of 14, waited 30 mins for 2 high teas and it took a further 15 mins for everyone else's meal to arrive so we didn't eat together. My lamb was cold when it arrived but I was too hungry and too little time to complain and wait for another.We ordered coffee which took another 20mins so some of the girls were late getting to the spa for their treatments and it was cut short.

Spa
Lovely staff in the spa but we weren't made aware of any of the times or order of our group of 14 treatments despite asking the day before. Some girls were unable to use the facilities as they had mid session treatments so had paid £10 for use of spa facilities that they had limited use of which was very rushed and not relaxing.

My locker didn't work in the spa so a member of staff put it somewhere whilst I was in treatment, when I came out my wet bikini had been put on top of all my clothes so everything was wet when it was time to get dressed.

Hotel and pools
Lovely pools and areas, very clean, beautiful surround with amazing view and flowers and plants. Hotel also very clean and great furniture. Very modern and chic. Beautiful bar and restaurant areas.

I don't think I'll be visiting again, especially not in a large group. No communication between departments and over priced for what you get.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lauraw3bby
cheshire
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a child friendly hotel but without feeling the hotel is over run with little people running around. There are adult only spaces and enough for younger children. Our son loved the indoor jungle climbing frame. The staff are great and special thanks to Caroline who went above and beyond to help us. Our room was great with patio doors where our seven year old could run onto the park and football area. The zip wire was out of action which was disappointing, hopefully it will be fixed soon. Nice superking bed and bunk beds for children. (116) Fridge in the room with fresh milk. We would normally be in greece at somewhere like Sani club but the Bedruthan helped make having to stay in the uk a pleasant week.
Furniture in the rooms is a little tired but rooms are comfortable and the patio rooms are spacious and varied.

Room Tip: It has to a sea view patio room for us. Without children or older children then the seaview none pat...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MAC1406
Exeter UK
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The rooms to the rear of the building are west facing with balconies that have stunning views over Mawgan Porth Bay. They have have large patio doors which enable you to enjoy the view and to ventilate the rooms in the hot sun. Not so the East facing rooms at the front of the building which are small, cramped, have no balconies and overlook the car park. They have only two top opening small windows to ventilate these rooms and, in hot weather, they can only be described as stuffy, hot, small sweat boxes. The joy of lying awake sweating all night to the sound of the oscillating fan blowing superheated air onto you must be experienced to be believed. I read that it is part of this hotels "Green, Environmental" credentials not to have air con in the bedrooms or any of the public rooms. It does not stop them, in summer, charging, in comparison, these high prices considering their electricity bills must be so low.
The facilities for children were second to none and children seemed to be enjoying them.
The food,I found was average and expensive and, although the table service was very professional, we found that the service from the kitchen in the Herring Restaurant was appalling. I could not believe it when we were charged £20 for a jug of Sangria in the lounge bar later.
I have to say that we booked only a few weeks in advance so we could not get a balcony room and the unusual "heatwave" we experienced is very rare in Cornwall.

Room Tip: Do not book a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the car park. They are small,stuffy and bad...
3 Thank ballyskiffle
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,503 reviews

Been to Bedruthan Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!