Don't let the outside appearance put you off with its dated windows, the interior is decorated very tastefully as are the bedrooms and the view was superb. We arrived early and were greeted by a polite receptionist who gave us a pager and explained they would let us know when our room was ready. We could use the facilities while we wait, however they failed to page us at all.
This is the problem I have with a hotel that claims to be child friendly: one of the reasons we booked this hotel was because of its impressive outside pool, we stayed on a beautifully hot day and were told the outdoor pool was only open for one hour 3pm - 4pm we then had to use the smaller pool which can become overcrowded very quickly.
After our evening meal (taken in the cafe as children aren't allowed in the restaurant after 7pm) where we ordered macaroni cheese for my daughter which came out in a hot to touch bowl but the food was cold, we wanted to sit outside with a coffee. The terrace leading out from the bar do not allow children at anytime. The seating area leading out from the restaurant was also a no go as it was after 7pm, we could have opted to sit inside but would have to leave the lounge by 9pm as children not allowed after. The hotel has some great outdoor facilities for children to play and this is where we wanted to go but there wasn't a single seat or table we could sit at and supervise. I was told by reception that they were aware of the seating issues from previous feedback and have some plans to change things, but these are long term! I also wanted to take my children swimming in the morning but when I checked the timetable I couldn't due to adults only swim.
If you are parents who like to pop your children in a kids club, give them an early tea and put them to bed with the monitoring service this hotel will suit you perfectly. If however you like to be with your children and enjoy their company then be prepared to go back to your room by 9pm as this is the only place for them.
I did have a problem when I left my ipad behind which was resolved efficiently, along with a good will gesture. Too many negatives for a premium priced hotel. I came away with the feeling that the Bedruthen really wants to be like its adult only sister hotel down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly placed Cornwall with beaches and stunning coastline on our doorstep, Bedruthan is so much more than a hotel with theatre, workshops, fairs and a art gallery. Spend your days enjoying locally sourced food in our Wild Cafe and Herring Restaurant or indulging and unwinding in our indoor spa, for a really invigorating experience try our Sensory Spa Garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bedruthan Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedruthan Steps Mawgan Porth
- Hotel Bedruthan Steps
- Bedruthan Steps Hotel
- Bedruthan Hotel & Spa Cornwall/Mawgan Porth