“Much better than a Premier Inn”

Blue Bay Guest House & Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mawgan Porth
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was travelling for work & needed somewhere to stay overnight. Booked this for much less than the cost of a Premier Inn so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was all good.
Pippa rang me to check what time I was arriving to make sure someone would be there to check me in. On arrival I was offered dinner in the restaurant/bar which I accepted & it was really good. (I recommend the mussels!)
My room was separate from the main building and had everything I needed for my brief stay including free, reliable Wi-fi.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: Any facing the decking & sea
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyable stay. Pippa and James are great hosts. James's cooking is to die for. If you want a B and B which is reasonably priced and relaxing location this is the place. Great to venture out, many beaches around and activities if you wish to do so. Would defiantly come again. Steve and Lorraine.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed in the Skylark lodge this weekend, it has a beautiful view of the beach from the balcony which has a table and chairs - perfect for breakfast. The apartment was spotlessly clean, and the bed was super comfy, there was Wi-Fi, and Freeview TV, which came in handy when the weather wasn't so pleasant.
The beach is only a short walk away, a good way of walking off the pasties.
The only issue I had with our stay was the water pressure is very low so the shower isn't very powerful, something that can't be helped I know.
This was our 2nd stay at the Blue Bay Lodges, and we will definitely go again, and again, and again!

Room Tip: The apartments (lodges) on the top have the best views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

stayed at the lodge surfriders , what a wonderful experience, everything was catered for, it was spotlessly clean, bright and cheerful with fantastic views, beds were so comfortable, pippa and james thank you both for making our stay a total pleasure, we loved it so much we have rebooked for Christmas, we would recommend this lovely place to all our doggie owning friends, many many thnx best wishes from paul and ray and of course our three happy dogs, xx

Room Tip: you won,t go wrong with any room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed in Seascape with my two dogs, it was just beautiful, so peaceful. Pippa had thought of everything it was like being at home. The views from the balcony were gorgeous. My friends stayed in Surfriders which was also home from home. I cannot recommend this place highly enough we have rebooked for Xmas week for Surfriders and Beachcoombers. I personally would give this place 5/5 and as for the lovely Donna who we met on several occasions who comes to look after the rooms after people have left, well what can I say, just lovely. Thank you so much for making my stay so lovely. Kindest regards Ericaxx

Room Tip: Its an individual choice to be honest and depends on the size of your party, but having looked at mo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2013

When I booked this B & B I was a bit worried that it would be overrun by dogs after a picture on trip advisor of the dog in the bed and what state the room would be in. I like dogs but not in my bed. But on arrival I was pleasantly surprised, the room was spacious and spotlessly clean and not a trace of doggy smells at all and not at all overrun by dogs. If you want to stay somewhere more friendly and less impersonal than the bigger hotels in Mawgan Porth then stay here. It is also a very central place for discovering Cornwall. We had a fantastic view of the beautiful beach and beautiful sunsets. Pippa and James who run this guest house are very down to earth, friendly and James's food is excellent. In fact we liked his food so much we decided to eat there every evening and I'm very particular about my food. Much better than The Cornish (Rick Stein's pub) nearby. Good luck to Pippa and James in your new adventure and if anyone has the fortune for you to cook for them they are very lucky.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sandpiper room which was very spacious and has a bath with shower over and good vie...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2013

we arrived on mon 22nd after a hideous weekend in a caravan at trevelgue.we had the beachcombers lodge with three bedrooms.2 adults and three kids aged three one and seven.the lodge was spotless,bright,furnishings etc were clean and fresh.bedding was lovely and comfy.pipa had thought of everything from sugar,tea coffee vinegar salt pepper washing up liquid,tea towels etc etc,it was all there.cutlery drawer contents were spotless,glasses mugs clean.such a refreshing change to find somewhere that lives up to its promise.pippa and james are lovely,we managed to snap off the shower attachment and it was replaced the same afternoon while we were out.we decided to stay another 2 days so we moved effortlessly into the lodge above,a 2 bed,which was equally perfect.its a real home from home,with views of sunsets and the beach,what more would you want...when my lottery numbers come up,beware pippa cos im buying both the lodge and the hotel from you!!!!! i felt like crying when we drove away,

Room Tip: beachcombers is plenty big enough for a family,we stayed in skylark for the extra two days with two...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
The Esplanade Hotel
The Esplanade Hotel
#6 of 37 in Newquay
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to Blue Bay Guest House & Lodge? Share your experiences!