“lovely house for large group booking”

Blue Bay Guest House & Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mawgan Porth
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“lovely house for large group booking”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Rented whole guest house for group booking . 12 adults and 10 children. (Some where in travel cots). All rooms ensuite. Two family suites. Lovely location with sea views. children loved exploring local beach with the extra surprise of caves to explore. would recommend and love to go again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived very late . Many thanks to James who guided us there as Sat Nav was not reliable. Breakfast was wonderful and Pippa was a fantastic hostess brightening up the morning no matter what the weather was like.

• Stayed September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was travelling for work & needed somewhere to stay overnight. Booked this for much less than the cost of a Premier Inn so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was all good.
Pippa rang me to check what time I was arriving to make sure someone would be there to check me in. On arrival I was offered dinner in the restaurant/bar which I accepted & it was really good. (I recommend the mussels!)
My room was separate from the main building and had everything I needed for my brief stay including free, reliable Wi-fi.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: Any facing the decking & sea
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyable stay. Pippa and James are great hosts. James's cooking is to die for. If you want a B and B which is reasonably priced and relaxing location this is the place. Great to venture out, many beaches around and activities if you wish to do so. Would defiantly come again. Steve and Lorraine.

• Stayed September 2013
Uckfield - East Sussex
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed in the Skylark lodge this weekend, it has a beautiful view of the beach from the balcony which has a table and chairs - perfect for breakfast. The apartment was spotlessly clean, and the bed was super comfy, there was Wi-Fi, and Freeview TV, which came in handy when the weather wasn't so pleasant.
The beach is only a short walk away, a good way of walking off the pasties.
The only issue I had with our stay was the water pressure is very low so the shower isn't very powerful, something that can't be helped I know.
This was our 2nd stay at the Blue Bay Lodges, and we will definitely go again, and again, and again!

Room Tip: The apartments (lodges) on the top have the best views!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

stayed at the lodge surfriders , what a wonderful experience, everything was catered for, it was spotlessly clean, bright and cheerful with fantastic views, beds were so comfortable, pippa and james thank you both for making our stay a total pleasure, we loved it so much we have rebooked for Christmas, we would recommend this lovely place to all our doggie owning friends, many many thnx best wishes from paul and ray and of course our three happy dogs, xx

Room Tip: you won,t go wrong with any room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Oldbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed in Seascape with my two dogs, it was just beautiful, so peaceful. Pippa had thought of everything it was like being at home. The views from the balcony were gorgeous. My friends stayed in Surfriders which was also home from home. I cannot recommend this place highly enough we have rebooked for Xmas week for Surfriders and Beachcoombers. I personally would give this place 5/5 and as for the lovely Donna who we met on several occasions who comes to look after the rooms after people have left, well what can I say, just lovely. Thank you so much for making my stay so lovely. Kindest regards Ericaxx

Room Tip: Its an individual choice to be honest and depends on the size of your party, but having looked at mo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Sands Resort Hotel & Spa
Longbeach Hotel
Longbeach Hotel
#26 of 38 in Newquay

Been to Blue Bay Guest House & Lodge? Share your experiences!