White Hart Hotel
US$126
Toprooms.com
US$140
US$161
Whitsand Bay Hotel(Portwrinkle)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$101
Travelocity
  • Pool
Sportsmans Arms(Menheniot)
No availability for your dates from our partners
PremierInn.com
Pencubitt House(Liskeard)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswould stay againfeel very welcomesunday lunchevening meallong drivefull english breakfasteden projectensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived to the morning we left. The staff and villagers made us feel at home, our rooms were always tidy and the food locally sourced and very good. - particularly the steak and chips. A proper slice of Cornwall. We'll be back :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank James C
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I ended up at the White Hart by accident, when the nearby Halfway House in Torpoint messed up my booking. I got to the hotel late and full of a streaming cold and rasping cough. The staff were immediately friendly and helpful. My room was basic, but clean and tidy with TV, tea and coffee making facilities and enough hanging space and drawers for my needs.

Food is served down in the bar. Don't expect haute cuisine . . . If thats what you want, head down to Rick Stein territory. However if you want decent pub grub at a very cheap price (about £6 a meal) and good sized portions, look no further. Similarly, don't expect a refined ambience. This is a genuine pub used by local people. They are friendly and down to earth and enjoy a pint, a few laughs and a bit of banter.

Would I return? Yes. I like a pub and people with no airs and graces. Even though I enjoy luxury and 5 star lodgings, sadly my company wont pay for that. However I'm more than happy to enjoy a few drinks, a good pint and a bacon butty for breakfast.

Next time work takes me from Preston to Cornwall, I will happily stay here again

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sowie
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I've been staying at the White Hart 3 or 4 times a year for 8 years, I love the place. John, Suz and the rest of the staff are friendly and will do anything for you. Cracking food, all locally sourced (if not John's own produce). I was served after the kitchen closed on my late arrival due to traffic. The rooms are spacious and all have everything you need, Free WiFi, freeview TV, kettle etc.
The locals are friendly, there's always someone interesting to talk to if you're on your own.Can get quite lively for the football, local darts league and W.I. meetings but otherwise a lovely quiet, quaint traditional 17th century pub with orignal features. Only 5 min off the A38, Fantastic value B & B, highly reccomended. There isn't better within 50miles for the money.

Room Tip: Room 5 is my favourite
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Rhodri J
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel ,excellant value ,friendly staff,the food was great,in the pub,sky sports in the bar and lots of special drink offers.the breakfast was first class an all for a very keen price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ollypip
Reviewed 26 August 2011

we are in agreance with every bad review the white hart has had, unfortunately we didn,t read them before because it was the only place in menheniott we could stay that was close to family wedding we were attending in the local village hall.
As soon as we arrived we were so dissappointed, it looked so run down and tired, the hanging baskets and window boxes were displaying a nice collection of weeds! I think the photos must be quite old because they dont reflect the white hart as it is today.
Firstly there was a muck up with our booking, we had origanally booked to stay two nights, to which we had taken out booking confirmation form with us, to be told we had only booked in for one, when shown the booking confirmation they said that they had given our room to some one else the second night and didn,t even give us any apology or explanation, although we do realize now that it was a blesssing in disguise, as no one in ther right mind would want to stay for more than one night.
Also my in-laws booked a room for one night and had booking confirmation form only to be told that their room had been double booked as well............useless management.
The smell of stale grease and cooking hits you the moment you walk in......via the servants entrance......lol, its dark and dismal, our room was a good size, good tv, but thats where the good finishes. The toilet wasn't fixed to wall properly, the shower cord was broken off, there was no hot water, the towels supplied were so small, only suitable for a small child, the whole room looked like it needed a good clean and a lick of paint .Also the noise from the pub down stairs was so loud in our room you could here every thing that was being said, i think the local must have had a lock in cos it went on till nearlly two in the morning,
Breakfast was ok, very average, just a fry up, no choice of cereals, fruit etc,.
I dont think i can really say to much more about this place apart from avoid at all cost.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple