“Good value for money”

and 1 more site!
White Hart Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Menheniot
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Friendly staff and excellent (if not adventurous) food in this pub makes it a good value for money alternative to the usual B & B's. Set in central Cornwall it makes a good base to be able to reach most towns in an hour.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed in this hotel two nights. It's very clean and the service is good. The staff are very friendly. However it is essentially a pub and as such the food is pub food and the bedrooms are over it and the sound from the bars does not subside until closing time.

That said I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Howard E
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband,3 kids and I stayed here for a mid-week break and thought the hotel was excellent! The room was amazing and the kids had a seperate room off the main bedroom which was great. The family pub was very welcoming and the food was superb. Would definantly recommend it and will be back next year!

Room Tip: Just mention what you require to the staff and they will accomodate you.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline F
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Well when we got there the hotel was shut i did check checking in times but none was available on their web site, we were presented with an a la carte menu but i don't equate frozen fish and chips with said menu. The noise from the bar was unbelievable needs sound proofing on the floors. The breakfasts were very good although a mug of tea plonked in front of you smacked of truck stop fare never asked if we took milk in tea or coffee as one of our party has black tea not given the choice a wee milk jug might be an idea then we can decide for our selves. Can go on but think you have an idea what its like if your a one night stay its fine we were longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank missmarple51
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed for 8 nights at this pub which is very much the hub of the village. They have darts nights, live music at special times of the year and generally try to be helpful and efficient. I would stay there again if I was working in the area.

Room Tip: Any room not over the bar area
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ann C
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I stayed at a hotel down the road that didn't provide evening meals and they pointed me here,
It looks nice from the outside and I wrongly expected good home cooked food.
I was in very early just before 6.30 and was the only person eating.
My meal Lasagne and chips with garlic bread on the side. not difficult, The "PING" of a microwave and 30 seconds later a white topped minced meal appeared, so hot I had to wait for it to cool before I could eat it.
Even so I had eaten a good amount before I went to the kitchen to ask about the Garlic bread, "oh I was just about to bring it" said the young guy in the kitchen, I sat down and heard the door on the microwave followed by a "PING" Another scorching piece of food.
Then no apology for shoddy service.
My hotel owners did say this didn't sound usual so maybe it was just a bad day.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Law2
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

This place is perfect if you want no frills hotel great rooms great food and excllent hosts.
Perfect for contractors and anyone on a budget and there is big car park.
I'm looking forwards to when work brings me this way again

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menheniot
Pencubitt House
#1 of 1 in Portwrinkle
Portbyhan Hotel
Portbyhan Hotel
#3 of 7 in Looe

Been to White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!