“Excellent evening”

The Hayloft Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Menheniot
Price range: US$17 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Hayloft Restaurant- Serving the best of ingredients in a relaxing and friendly, professional environment.
“Excellent evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

What a nice evening, visited for my husbands birthday, fantastic service and outstanding food, great value for money what more could you ask for, have rebooked for a family dinner in the 18th.

Visited March 2014

Launceston, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I have been to the Hayloft three times now, nice ambience, friendly welcome and helpful staff.
The food on the whole was very good, with the odd disappointment.
Would I go back? Absolutely!

• Visited January 2014
England
“birthday treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Dinner for five, we all had starters two prawns with garlic and ginger two calamar and one cold meat platter, all very nice. Mains were one stuffed chicken breast, two hake and two fillet steaks, all beautifully presented with nicely cooked vegetables, chips and salads. We all certainly look forward to an excuse to come here for dinner celebration. Will be back and always recommend to others.

• Visited March 2014
Saltash, England
“Groupon deal ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I went this weekend under the hot-stone Groupon deal. I enjoyed the meal but wasn't overly impressed. We weren't given a menu for any side orders which was a shame particularly as the portion size of chips was barely enough for 1 let alone 2. The meat was of a very good quality but I had to cut the steak and sausage up into smaller pieces to cook it through and I would have liked some separate cutlery for cutting and turning the raw chicken. Would return but wouldn't have the hot stone meal again

cornwall
“Was not sure , but very very pleased that we did.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We went on 15 Feb 2014, sorry for late review but we have had a very busy half term. That said, I really wanted to leave a positive review of the meal and the service that we received.
I had purchased a voucher from Groupon and looked at Tripadvisor the night before going. There were some negative reviews and I was a bit worried.
Well there was no need to have worried as from the moment we walked in it was perfect.
The staff were very professional and courteous but also very approachable. We were shown to a table (upstairs) and our drinks were brought to our table.
We did have a starter and a main course, but we would have done this anywhere that we went out for dinner. The starters were really tasty and plentiful.
Next was the main event... and I have to say that novelty value aside (we loved the concept of cooking our own food at the table), the meat was gorgeous. There was a heafty piece of steak, chicken fillets, sausage and bacon. There was also a bowl of chips and a beautiful salad. Plus each meal came with its own sauce boat of peppercorn/spicy tomato or gravy.
Dessert was next and my husband had the raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake. It was obviously homemade and was just heavenly. I had the cheese board and it was nice to see a restaurant doing that as you don't seem to get them much anymore.
All in all, the food, staff and atmosphere was fantastic. Those who have said that there was not enough to eat must have a much larger appetite than most! We were not rushed or bothered.
Would we go again ...... YES Would I recommend it to friends and family ...... YES
Enough said!