“Birthday Bash”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Menheniot
Price range: US$16 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Hayloft Restaurant- Serving the best of ingredients in a relaxing and friendly, professional environment.
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Birthday Bash”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I love the decor in the Hayloft, every bit as lovely as it looks online, but unfortunately the food wasn't quite up to scratch. It was my birthday and we were looking for somewhere special to celebrate, but not knowing the area at all, had to rely on the internet to find a local restaurant. The service was very friendly and efficient, but the food wasn't as special as I was expecting. Nothing wrong with it, just a bit average. I had food that you cooked on a hot rock at the table and was expecting a thick steak. What I got was a very thin sliver of beef, some bacon and bits of chicken. Disappointing I'm afraid. I won't be rushing back.

Visited April 2014

Lewes, England, United Kingdom
“Well pleased”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Group dinner for 16 of us.
Very friendly, helpful staff and proprietor.
Nice meal in private room upstairs, where we could be as indecisive as TOG's should be!
A couple of us were late - no problem for the staff.
Individual bills - no problem.
Will definitely return and have no hesitation in recommending.

• Visited April 2014
“Never had a bad meal!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Yet again we've had another stunning meal at Hayloft. For our 3rd anniversary my husband and I decided to take advantage of the Wednesday pizza meal deal and it was lovely. The staff (as always) were friendly and polite. We had 2 pizzas, drinks and 3 side orders for less than £30! Fantastic value for money with good homemade food which you cannot get anywhere else. Recommending to all my family and friends already and only been home for less than half an hour!

1 Thank SammylouSharp
“Fabulous! ”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Visited with my husband and son (2 yrs) on a family holiday
Very welcoming & relaxed atmosphere. No dress code and
Staff friendly and helpful. They was offered a high chair (it wasn't but great to be asked).
Starters- pâté & chutney Mains Sea Bass (for husband) and Penne Pasta & Meatballs for myself and son.
Food was delicious!
Pâté was soft and almost mousse like, so light with the yummy bread.
Pasta was wonderful with the obvious homemade meatballs.
Seabass was well cooked with the rich sauce a fabulous combination.
When we're that way again we will go again :D
Well done to all!

Reading, United Kingdom
“Dinner”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice menu focusing on Italian food and good value. The house red was pretty good and reasonably priced. Good service. Also great take away pizzas!

Visited April 2014