“A Great Find”

Roovrays Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 40 Restaurants in Mevagissey
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Roovrays comes highly recommended...And a Charming and ambient evening awaits you...Tastefully decorated with a French influence due to the French Chef and owner. Great value is offered with the Early Bird menu from 6pm till 6.45pm with 2 courses being £15 and 3 courses only £18. The a la Carte menu starts from 7pm and offers many delights from the freshest of ingredients and local produce. The art of having a relaxed and unhurried evening meal is still very much the main focus here at Roovrays and is done very intentionally by the owners who wish for their guests to have an evening experience enjoying conversation,the live pianist (check on booking when playing),fine wines while your food is unhurriedly cooked to perfection by the owner himself; it won't be a quick affair, just as it should be. Booking is very advisable to save disappointment especially pianist nights as tables go fast.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A truly wonderful find - I would recommend booking to avoid disappointment as they had plenty of walk-ins! My Mother & I found Roovrays while wandering around Mevigissey one evening of our holiday & had a very warm & uncontrived welcome from Alycia. The restaurant seats about 32 in total & the decor ticks all the boxes for ambience. The food was truly amazing. I had smoked salmon with poached egg & asparagus. The smoked salmon was of top notch quality, so soft & easy to bite into with all the flavours mingling perfectly. For my main course I had fresh pasta with seafood (a mix of fish including a very tasty fresh crab). This is easily one of the best pasta's I have had. The taste & textures were wonderful. My Mother thoroughly enjoyed her Monkfish wrapped in parma ham. Unfortunately, we did not have space for a desert! The atmosphere was just lovely - made nicer by the couple on our left & the four golfing gents on our right all joining in on our conversation, all topped off by fantastic service from Alycia. Will definitely go back when we're back in Cornwall!

2  Thank NCRand

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Outstanding ambiance and meal. Can recommend it 100%. Will definitely eat here again if we visit Megavissey.

1  Thank Caryn C
Reviewed 26 June 2014

So good we ate here twice. The first evening, on the recommendation of our B&B host we went here and tried the early evening fixed price menu. As it happened she was also eating here the same night with friends. It was so good we booked for the second night too and had a la carte. We particularly like fish and the chef cooks the fish very nicely. Service and decor are more 'friendly sociable' setting rather than 'romantic dinner' setting although I understand that some evenings the piano is played which might chance the ambiance.

Would certainly eat there again.

2  Thank Broaden-the-mind
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Super, cheerful welcome. Great service never ran out of drink! The meal was wonderful. The Scallops are to die for. I had the Lamb Shank, it was nicely cooked and the "sauce" was delicious. Brandy snap basket filled with sorbets for desert - I had been dreaming of brandy snaps just the day before. My husband had Rib Eye Steak which was cooked to perfection. A lovely meal, served in a great environment.

1  Thank JanefromSpain
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I've been meaning to write a review of this smallish restaurant, but I've been 3 times in 3 months and loved each time. The quality of the food has been first class each time, good wine list, and Skinners beer by the bottle. Like the location, just off the harbour, service excellent, I'm back there soon, so a fuller report next time.