All reviews blueberry muffins fresh milk and water daily specials family run b b cornish breakfast warm muffins single room was small happy birthday summer break on arrival young couple dietary requirements fabulous breakfast attention to detail the ground floor seaside village room was beautifully decorated
Reviewed 16 May 2016

I've been coming to Mevagissey to go fishing for around 28 years so know the places to stay pretty well. Needing a place for 5 of us to stay was not easy to find but I phoned Iza and she couldn't have been more helpful, even allowing me to ring her up the day before we were due down to confirm booking (in case of bad weather). Our journey down was a long one but Iza was on the end of the phone to help us found the place and then to help us park. Upon arrival we were directed to our rooms with the minimum of fuss and Iza made sure we had somewhere to go for dinner and offered to book reservations if required. Iza also arranged for us to have an early breakfast before we went out sea the following day, this may sound daft but the number of B & B's that have refused to do this before amazes me. My room was small but comfortable and perfect for our stay, with TV, digital radio,ensuite and some nice touches in the room (the lads also said that their rooms were good too). Location is excellent with parking for our minibus and just a 2 minute walk to the harbour.

On the next morning at 7am for an early start fishing, we met Tim who was also an excellent host and at breakfast that morning nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was very good with plenty to eat and of good quality too. Iza made sure that nobody went hungry!

Checkout was easy with card, Paypal and cash all accepted. I believe that the owners are not resting on their laurels either with some refurbishment planned following the summer period to ensure the B & B is up to the high standards the owners desire, I'm sure the place will become even more attractive.

We will definitely hope to stay here again, particularly now they have bought a chest freezer to store fish in overnight- just for us fishermen! Thanks to both for our stay and for fitting us in at short notice.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank James N
TimPiper, Owner at The Old Parsonage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Dear James,

It was an absolute pleasure to be your host, we are glad that you found us! We are always trying to meet our guests expectations and understand that fishing trips like yours need an early breakfast and freezer space to put the precious catch of the day. We hope you will be a returning guest in the future.

Many thanks!

Reviewed 13 May 2016

I spent 2 nights here at the end of April. My single room was small but very comfortable and warm. The location was very convenient and I couldn't have been made more welcome by Iza and her lovely little girls. Breakfast was cooked just as I like it, and there were nice extras in the room like bottled water and a bathrobe. This young couple are working very hard and I hope they have the success they deserve. The house has great character and charm and so does Iza. I certainly recommend it.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mountwood
TimPiper, Owner at The Old Parsonage, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2016

We are so pleased you enjoyed your break with us. Thanks ever so much for taking the time to review us! We very much look forward to having you back at The Old Parsonage in the future!

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Spent just one night here and was made to feel most welcome by both Izy and Tim. My single room was very comfortable and although not ensuite my private bathroom was delightful. The welcome cuppa on arrival gave me a chance to get to know Izy.
Janet (Taunton)

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Janet P
TimPiper, Owner at The Old Parsonage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear Janet,

First of all thank you for staying with us and taking time to write the review. We are really pleased that you felt comfortable in your room, we are trying our best to make The Old Parsonage feel like a home from home. I hope that rest of your trip went well and that we will soon welcome you back to our beautiful village of Megavissey.

Iza & Tim Piper

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

My husband Rob & I stayed here over the May bank holiday weekend. It has new owners, Iza & Tim, who could not have made us feel more welcome. Nothing was too much trouble. The room is beautifully furnished, shabby chic, with lovely little touches like the bottled water & Cornish Tea. There are even fluffy white bathrobes. And oh the bed!! It was heaven to sleep in.
The breakfast is cooked to order using all local produce. There is fresh fruit salad & cereals if a lighter breakfast is your choice. Or even all three!! And I just loved the charming tea cups & saucers.
Iza had even baked blueberry muffins on our departure day & told me to take some home.
All in all it was a lovely stay, in a beautiful house right in the heart of Mevagissey & we would definitely return.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TimPiper, Owner at The Old Parsonage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2016

Dear Karen & Rob,

Big thank you for staying with us! Your review put a huge smile on our faces! Thank you so much for such enthusiastic comments :) We are really looking forward to welcoming you in the future!

Reviewed 3 May 2016

On arrival we were greeted by Iza who was very friendly and welcoming. She made us a lovely cuppa and she told us all about the b&b and that they had only moved 2 months previously there from Kent.. Not that you would have thought so ! Our room was very comfortable and very clean,and everything needed to make your stay enjoyable.
Breakfast was delicious, with a beautifully cooked full English breakfast,cooked to your choice.followed by toasts and jams, selection of cereals, fresh fruit salad , and warm home made muffins as well! Her husband Tim helped with the breakfast ,nothing was too much trouble for them and they were very professional. We would thoroughly recommend them and know they will do exceedingly well if they continue to give this level of service.. Thankyou both we hope to return again . Karen and Pete .pilton

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen A

Dear Karen & Pete,

Thank you for staying with us and for all the kind words. We are over the moon that we met your expectations and that you would like to return! Hopefully we will see you very soon.