The Wheelhouse(Mevagissey)
US$145
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

US$171
Hotels.com
6 The Net Lofts(Mevagissey)
US$99
  • Breakfast included
Tremarne Hotel(Mevagissey)
US$145
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Trennicks B&B(Mevagissey)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsblueberry muffinsdaily specialsfresh milk and watercornish breakfastsingle room was smallfrom the ovendigital radiotea trayshappy birthdayfamily run b bamazing showeron arrivalyoung coupledelightful couplediscount ticketsdietary requirementstoo good to be true
Reviewed 16 October 2016

A charming little B&B, run by couple Tim and Iza, situated in the pretty coastal village of Mevagissey. The hosts are really friendly and helpful and made our stay very relaxed. Iza creates to order delicious cooked breakfasts, using local suppliers and offers daily specials as well as homemade muffins. Accommodation is clean and comfortable and a five minute walk from the harbour and local pubs and cafes. Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Heligan are short drives away. This beautiful part of Cornwall is well worth visiting, even after the summer and I would really recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms on the first floor which were great. They have a ground floor room which is dog friendly.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

This is a fantastic B&B.
My first experience was having to phone The Old Parsonage to explain that my train had broken down and I'd be 3 hours late, but Iza could not have been more friendly and helpful, knowing the numbers and times of buses and giving me her personal number to call when I arrived. When I did eventually arrive I received the warmest welcome I have ever had at a B&B, making me instantly feel relaxed and 'at home'.
I booked a (cheap!) single room with a single bed, which was cosy, immaculately clean with clever use of the space available. Nice big TV too! Perfect.
Breakfast was served in a very pleasant environment and was both hearty and delicious, with locally-sourced ingredients of high quality. Iza's home-made blueberry muffins were also a delight, and as a fan of these I got to leave each day with the leftover ones that other people didn't eat!
The location was also perfect, only a short stroll from the harbour.
Often what makes the difference between a good B&B and a great one is the people running it. I never got to meet her husband Tim as he was away when I stayed, but Iza is obviously thoroughly enjoying running The Old Parsonage and really cares that you enjoy your stay. Her enthusiasm for Mevagissey and her life there is contagious and you'll leave in the morning well rested, well fed and with a big smile on your face. I know I did. Brilliant.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Glenn S
TimPiper, Owner at The Old Parsonage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Glenn,

WOW! Thank you so much for such a special review. It means a lot to us. Hopefully you will be able to come back to us very soon and this time you will have chance to meet Tim as he has finally left behind hectic life in London and is with us full time. Also the recipe for the muffins is now available on line on our blog so you could easily recreate the taste of The Old Parsonage at home!
Once again, massive thank you!

All the best,

Izzi

Reviewed 16 October 2016

What a wonderful experience. Iza greeted us with a very welcome cup of tea on arrival. She was immediately friendly and informative. Nothing was too much trouble for this bubbly lady, who welcomed us into her lovely home, from masses of local tips to contacting restaurants to make bookings for us. Breakfast were a delightful start to each day and Iza made the celebration of my friends' birthday an extra special day. We shall certainly return next year.

Stayed: September 2016

Dear Yvonne,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is great to read great things about our B&B especially that it was our first season. See you soon!

Many thanks,

Izzi

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Tim and Iza couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful during my three nights stay. My room was very comfortable with all mod cons including a very good wifi connection. The breakfasts were delicious with lots of local produce on offer. Iza cooked fabulous fruit muffins and always offered a special dish of the day.

The situation of the B&B is ideal being just minutes away from the town centre yet in a very quiet location. I would definitely recommend this B&B and wish Tim and Iza well for their future success.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank KilbroganHouse
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Excellent location on a quiet road, very warm welcome, spotlessly clean. A few things not quite to my liking, so cannot give 5 stars. These are: bed queen (4ft 6in) not king size(5ft); breakfast looked very good but not free range; internal walls thin so you have to rely on other guests being quiet (which they were when we stayed). I would happily recommend this B&B to anyone who is not bothered by these things.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Done-my-bit
TimPiper, Owner at The Old Parsonage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Dear George,

Thank you for taking time to write your review. We really appreciate all feedback from our guests.

The room you stayed in has a new 5 ft hotel grade pocket sprung mattress which we bought in April after realising that the existing mattress needed replacing, we have recently ordered new Hynos commercial hotel beds for the rooms including king size double & zip and link beds.
Thank you for your kind comments about the breakfast. Before we opened our B&B we searched the local area for products and ingredients. Our meat comes from a farm up the road, our dairy products come from the local Trewithen farm and our eggs comes from Cornish chickens. Our core breakfast menu is free range however we have found the cost of some free range ingredients such as wild smoked salmon for our daily specials limiting so we have sourced a very good quality farmed smoked salmon. Our other fish specials such as smoked haddock and kippers are locally caught MSC approved fish. As with all of our ingredients we have tested the non free range products to ensure that the quality was high, we as family love eating well and we want to make sure everything is the best quality.
As we mentioned we bought The Old Parsonage earlier this year and carried out some essential sound proofing and renovation in March before we opened. Regarding the walls, our house is 170 years old and it has some downsides however we see it as part of its charm. From the beginning we could see the house had some areas to improve however we decided to trade for a season to check the guest feedback and prioritise the refurbishment. To be fair we have not had feedback on the internal walls or sound to date. We are closing for November for a partial refurbishment including further sound proofing of the original internal walls and floors and complete bedroom refurbishment.
The Old Parsonage is our dream and we want to make it better and better. Hopefully in your future travels to Cornwall you will give us another chance to verify your opinion.

We wish you all the best!

Iza & Tim