All reviews blueberry muffins fresh milk and water daily specials family run b b cornish breakfast warm muffins single room was small happy birthday summer break on arrival young couple dietary requirements fabulous breakfast the ground floor attention to detail seaside village room was beautifully decorated
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We recently stayed at The Old Parsonage for a long weekend and had a fantastic stay.

We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived when we were offered tea and biscuits after a long journey.

Izi made us feel at home immediately and willingly provided helpful information for our stay including where to eat, where to visit and where to walk.

Our room was very comfortable with lovely touches including dressing gowns, a drinks tray with fresh milk and cold water which was replaced daily and biscuits.

In the bathroom was lovely locally made shower gel and shampoo.

Breakfast was amazing with daily specials, fresh fruit salad and cooked to order Cornish breakfast made from locally sourced ingredients. There was also a selection of jams, cereals and freshly baked homemade muffins.

It was a great base for coastal path walks and we would definitely return.

Izi is a great host - she genuinely wants you to have the very best time possible.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TimPiper, Owner at The Old Parsonage, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Christine,

What can I say... Wow! Beautiful review, thank you so much for tanking time to write it. Its great how many details you remember! And for us it means everything. Come back soon!

Many many thanks!

Izzi and Tim

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

We can only describe the Old Parsonage as a "jewel" in Mevagissey. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with a warm, relaxed and friendly hospitality plus blueberry muffins & tea. Attention to detail is immaculate and there are excellent Cornish breakfasts plus specials like Polish scrambled eggs, buttermilk pancakes and a "fish festival". Give this guesthouse a go, you will not be disappointed! Iza is a breath of fresh air and our only regret was our stay wasn't longer.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Stephen,

Thank you so much for lovely review. We are very happy that you enjoined your stay, the food and our specials. Please come back to visit us soon! There is still lots to see and the house went through a massive transformation during the winner. It would be great to hear you opinion on the house. Once again a massive thank you for staying with us!

All the best,

Izzi and Tim

Reviewed 16 October 2016

A charming little B&B, run by couple Tim and Iza, situated in the pretty coastal village of Mevagissey. The hosts are really friendly and helpful and made our stay very relaxed. Iza creates to order delicious cooked breakfasts, using local suppliers and offers daily specials as well as homemade muffins. Accommodation is clean and comfortable and a five minute walk from the harbour and local pubs and cafes. Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Heligan are short drives away. This beautiful part of Cornwall is well worth visiting, even after the summer and I would really recommend this B&B.

Room tip: We stayed in rooms on the first floor which were great. They have a ground floor room which is dog friendly.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

This is a fantastic B&B.
My first experience was having to phone The Old Parsonage to explain that my train had broken down and I'd be 3 hours late, but Iza could not have been more friendly and helpful, knowing the numbers and times of buses and giving me her personal number to call when I arrived. When I did eventually arrive I received the warmest welcome I have ever had at a B&B, making me instantly feel relaxed and 'at home'.
I booked a (cheap!) single room with a single bed, which was cosy, immaculately clean with clever use of the space available. Nice big TV too! Perfect.
Breakfast was served in a very pleasant environment and was both hearty and delicious, with locally-sourced ingredients of high quality. Iza's home-made blueberry muffins were also a delight, and as a fan of these I got to leave each day with the leftover ones that other people didn't eat!
The location was also perfect, only a short stroll from the harbour.
Often what makes the difference between a good B&B and a great one is the people running it. I never got to meet her husband Tim as he was away when I stayed, but Iza is obviously thoroughly enjoying running The Old Parsonage and really cares that you enjoy your stay. Her enthusiasm for Mevagissey and her life there is contagious and you'll leave in the morning well rested, well fed and with a big smile on your face. I know I did. Brilliant.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Glenn S

Dear Glenn,

WOW! Thank you so much for such a special review. It means a lot to us. Hopefully you will be able to come back to us very soon and this time you will have chance to meet Tim as he has finally left behind hectic life in London and is with us full time. Also the recipe for the muffins is now available on line on our blog so you could easily recreate the taste of The Old Parsonage at home!
Once again, massive thank you!

All the best,

Izzi

Reviewed 16 October 2016

What a wonderful experience. Iza greeted us with a very welcome cup of tea on arrival. She was immediately friendly and informative. Nothing was too much trouble for this bubbly lady, who welcomed us into her lovely home, from masses of local tips to contacting restaurants to make bookings for us. Breakfast were a delightful start to each day and Iza made the celebration of my friends' birthday an extra special day. We shall certainly return next year.

Dear Yvonne,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is great to read great things about our B&B especially that it was our first season. See you soon!

Many thanks,