All reviews blueberry muffins cornish breakfast daily specials single room was small family run b b an amazing cook tea trays warm muffins fresh milk and water happy birthday summer break extra special on arrival the ground floor discount tickets yum yum other guests
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We had previously read the reviews about The Old Parsonage and thought is this too good to be true?! But after staying there for a week, for a family holiday, we now know they're not.

Right from the moment we arrived we felt at home with Tim & Izzi. We were welcomed into their home with tea and coffee. You could immediately sense their friendly and caring nature as well as Izzi's passion for Cornish life and making sure you experience it. They both told us about lots of places to explore - some of which we wouldn't have discovered by ourselves.

There were a variety of breakfasts on offer throughout our stay. We were always excited to see what the daily special was and everyday Izzi's signature dish of deliciously, light, blueberry muffins would appear on the table which we couldn't get enough of!

They really go above & beyond when it comes to dietary requirements. Having told them I suffer with IBS they tailored the breakfasts to suit my needs, as well as other guests, and they even went to the trouble of buying in special products to suit these requirements. This made my stay even more comfortable and made us feel like we really mattered.

The property has been refurbished to a high standard maintaining its character by combining traditional furnishings with modern facilities.
Their attention to detail is exceptional from the breakfasts right through to the decor.

As we hugged Tim & Izzi goodbye it really felt like we were leaving family & we have been left with some wonderful memories to reminisce over which wouldn't have been possible without Tim & Izzi. No wonder they have been given the Award of Excellence by TripAdvisor! Out of all our holidays, in this country, our stay with Tim & Izzi has been by far the best. We look forward to returning at some point in the future.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I can but only add to the reviews on here which made me seek out The Old Parsonage for my visit in the first place.Tastefully modernised and full of character this is a wonderful place to stay where personal care and attention to every detail of your visit is considered and catered to by Tim and Izzi. Places to go, which restaurants are worth you booking how to get there all these things can happen in any place of business but the big difference here is that Tim and Izzi care and it shows and you feel it. I stayed for a week and found that not unlike several other residents who had just stayed a few nights that they didn't want to leave.By my last day I didn't want to either.They truly make their home your home. The breakfasts are varied in choice and all generous and tasty. Freshly cooked by Izzi (as mentioned by others here supporting and using local ingredients) just when you can't eat anymore out come some wonderful freshly baked blueberry muffins.
Location wise it is at the lower end of Church Street so easily accessible without a steep climb and a stones throw away from town making it the perfect base for exploring Megavissey itself, The Lost Gardens of Heligan, The Eden Project and the surrounding areas. I would happily recommend them to all my friends and family and hope that they will still have room available for when I would like to return. They deserve their reputation which is first class and faultless with true personal touch.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2017

A really lovely little find - my room was only a single but could not have been better designed. Lovely in every respect. The owners clearly love interiors and it shows. Fantastic breakfast and the hosts are lovely. Very close to the centre of Mevagissey. And parking. Can't fault it, really.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Warm welcome (with tea and coffee)
Fab, spacious, clean room (with birthday touches)
Delicious breakfasts (all local ingredients)
Great location (easy walk to lots of restaurants, the harbour...)
We would definitely stay again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 August 2017

A perfect birthday getaway that was made even more perfect thanks to Izzi & Tim. Wonderful hosts, nothing was too much trouble, a few little unexpected birthday treats which were lovely and their recommendations and knowledge of the area was great for finding hidden gems around the area. And not to forget the amazing breakfasts cooked by Izzi each morning... Thank you so much for a lovely few days, we will definitely be back in the future x

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple